Wednesday 5 May 2010

Day 248 - 5th of May

9:12pm セミナーハウス

天気:晴れ

Finally got my presentation finished!!! It feels like the last three days have all merged together, and I’ve been working on my presentation continuously. Tomorrow, classes resume and the final, nauseating drop on the rollercoaster ride that has been my time in Japan is upon me; I don’t know if I’m ready to take the plunge. I have just over 20 days left here, and it feels like nothing; all of a sudden, I’ve got too much to do. I’ve written everything I have to do down (as far as assignments and exams are concerned), and I think I can get it all done satisfactorily. As for all the other stuff well, I’ll just have to squeeze it in where ever I can. Tomorrow, I am definitely going to get my two packed boxes sent off, and get one more, larger box to stuff things in. Anyway, that’s tomorrow. Today it was kid’s day, not that I got to enjoy it since I was inside all day… I got up at 9, and after breakfast and shower, I worked on my presentation for two hours, then played KH, then worked on it some more. I had lunch a bit after 2, and then worked on my presentation until 6:30, finally getting the script finished; great day right.


I printed it off, and found Yuji in the kitchen, and he was generous enough to check it over for me; that was such a big help. He told me my way of writing was very easy to follow, and he only fixed or changed a few things; I was very happy with myself. I then had dinner, and after dishing out the pasta bake from last night, I put the rest in the freezer; hopefully it’ll be okay. I sat and talked with Katie and Sarah for a little while (the end was on all of our minds), and then came back down here to fix up the script and power point presentation. Happy with all that, I read it over a few times, and timed it. Well, it turns out that it’s about 9 minutes long, and it’s only supposed to be 5; whoops. In a way it gives me a lot of stake just in case I forget some sentences, which I’m sure I will. The only memo we’re allowed to have has to be written on the designated piece of yellow paper that has 10 lines; one sentence per line. The problem is, ever though I’ve written really small, most of my sentences don’t fit on line. But, it is a memo after all, so I guess that’s good enough. I’ll have a few hours in the morning to memorise it, and then I’ll be performing at 12. Even if it doesn’t go that well, I’ll be glad to get it out of the way tomorrow; means I can move onto the next task. Well, I’m going to have and early night tonight. Hugo’s returning in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment