Sunday 9 May 2010

Day 252 - 9th of May

11:09pm セミナーハウス

天気:晴れ

Happy Mother’s Day!!! While I didn’t get to be there for mum, at least I got to speak with her and the family over skype this morning; I did that straight after breakfast and putting some washing on. We spoke for a bit over an hour, and then I worked on my field report for a few hours. By 1, I was getting really hungry, so had to eat lunch. Since I would be going out for dinner tonight, I ate the leftover yakisoba for lunch; I also made a banana milkshake since I had so much milk. After lunch, I played KH for a bit, and then worked hard to get my sakubun finished, and it basically was by the time 5 came around. Hugo had already gone (he’s still not back), and now it was my turn. I met Maarika, Midori, Ume-chan, Ann and Rose outside Toriki (they had just come from The Ring), and Mori soon joined us. After a short wait, we were seated and after we got our drinks, Midori took charge of ordering just about everything on the menu for us; no joke. The amount of things I got to sample tonight was incredible. We stayed there from about 6:30 till 9:30 and the food kept coming, bit by bit. I got to eat chicken cartilage (weird), wing, breast, skin, and some internal body part (even weirder); all on a stick. We also got heaps of the amazing naan dish and the deep-fried camembert cheese; far out amazing!!! To finish off, I got mango sorbet for dessert; very good. Almost the entire time, we were speaking in Japanese, which was really great; I got lots of practice in. The bill turned out to be very reasonable too, considering the amount we ate. Finally, the night came to an end, and Mori and Midori made their way home by train, and ume-chan soon went his own way; that left the rest of us walking home. It was a great night, and at least I feel semi-prepared for tomorrow’s sakubun; I’ll write it all out a few more times in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment