Saturday 15 May 2010

Day 258 - 15th of May

10:46pm セミナーハウス

天気:晴れ

We ended up staying up until about 1, before finally retiring for the night; it was great. Somehow I still managed to get up at the decent time of 9:30; well, I think that’s decent. After breakfast, I spent the morning talking with a friend over skype, and then my family. I also sent my report off to the professor. At about 1, I went to get groceries and bumped into Katie and Carly on the way out, so decided to just walk with them; Sanko’s not that far. After getting back, I had lunch and sat in the kitchen for a while, before going downstairs to find Carly watching Twister. I had seen people watching it several times before, and had always managed to drag myself away; but not this time! After the movie, we came back to my room, and booked the night bus to Tokyo; not a moment too soon. We managed to get the last two seats on the cheapest bus, which I was so grateful for; extremely lucky. It doesn’t leave from Kyoto until about 11:30pm Saturday night, so I’m going to have plenty of time that afternoon for last minute things; hopefully not packing. After that, I got my JASSO report finished and then spent the rest of the afternoon studying; with breaks.


At 7, Katie came to our door asking Carly if they could make the Mac and Cheese now; bleh!!! I decided to go make dinner too, and was soon enjoying chicken parmigiana; haven’t made it in ages. I spent the next few hours talking with Ash and Rachel, and then at 9, cleaned the kitchen; on my own. Well, I didn’t end up doing that much, and Rachel helped me with the bins and wiping down the tables, which was really nice of her; especially since it’s not her week. I really should have come down here and kicked Hugo’s butt; oh well. It wasn’t too much of a hassle and as I said, I didn’t do that much; just cleaned the dishes in the sink and took the bins out. I finally came back down here, to find Carly asleep (again). She woke up a bit before 10, so decided it was time to go back to the hotel. With the night bus finally booked, I could schedule a time for my inspection and did this straight after Carly signed out. Not long to go now; in a week’s time, I’ll be almost getting on the bus to Tokyo. Tomorrow will be good; the morning at least. We’re going to Sensei’s koto concert in Nipponbashi; so excited. Then I’d better spend the rest of the day studying…

No comments:

Post a Comment