Thursday 1 April 2010

Day 214 - 1st of April

9:40pm セミナーハウス

天気:雨天

Since I’m going to be going to the sentou with Yuji and Hugo in about half an hour, I’m going to do this update now. First off, Happy April Fools!!! I didn’t end up playing any jokes on anyone, but oh well. I did have a good laugh though when I went on dA, and all the avatars had been messed with, so you were either team Jacob, or team Edward (among a few others); I was so glad I was team Jacob. Anyway, today was another rainy day; it just let up this evening… I got up at 8:30, and after getting ready, I studied and read a bit more of Reborn. Just after 11, I had lunch and then made my way to uni. Saigo sensei played us an enka song in class today, which was actually a little depressing. We got the lyrics, and he urged us to sing it at karaoke; it would impress our Japanese friends. I decided I might as well stay where I was after class, since Religion is in the same room; I got my homework done in the time being. Today, we revised for the midterm exam next week, which consisted of the teacher asking us true/false questions, or making us ask questions to other students. From what we did, I really doesn’t seem like the professor expects much of us, so I’m not worried about the exam at all. Julie and I decided that, weather permitting, we would go to Nara early Saturday morning, before meeting up with the rest of the class in Tenri; might as well make a day out it.


Before going home, I got a chocolate milkshake from Makkas, which I enjoyed as I walked to my bike, trying to avoid the rain. Getting back, I found Simon in the computer room. He had been there all day, writing his essay for Culture and Everyday Life in Japan, which was due today. I asked him if he wanted to go to the gym, and he declined; I expected as much. Not perturbed, at about 3:30 I made my way to the gym, and had a really good work out; I was alone for a lot of it too. At the end of the session, I weighed myself, and I’m still gaining weight; I’m so happy. Getting back, it tried to do the readings for Gender and Sexuality, and inevitably ended up dosing off. Just after 6, I wrenched myself from the futon, and rode to Sanko for groceries; the rain had stopped at this point, but the air was still thick with moisture. Getting to Sanko, I noticed that a lot of the trees had come into bloom; walking to karaoke or Makino station will be beautiful now. Satisfied with my purchases, I made my way back, and went straight to the kitchen to make dinner; I was starved.I had bought chicken and pasta, and decided to try to make a pasta bake, just without the baking part. It turned out really nicely; I mixed the pasta and chicken in with my favourite sauce and the leftovers of the leafy vegetable I’d bought for yakisoba.


I decided not to be a pig, and saved some for lunch tomorrow, which was great because when I finished eating I felt really content; not bloated. Katie left as I finished eating, so I sat with Julie, and she showed me a video on youtube with this guy doing a funny dance in locations all over the world; there were four in Australia!!! An American chewing gum company was so impressed by what he did, that they sponsored him to go around the world again and film it; it was great. And I loved the backing music; as soon as I got back down here I bought it off iTunes. I also got to watch Pokémon on TV. Soon Julie left, so I was left with Ash and Rachel; not that that was a bad thing. Ash had just come from Animate and had bought a stack of goodies; as she always does. In particular, there was a Hetalia book with sheet music from the character songs; I want it so badly. On TV, there was a travel show about 江ノ島 (Enoshima), which is an island off the mainland near Tokyo. There was an amazing mode of transport, where a bus could travel on both rails and on the road; so cool. It came around to 9 o’clock soon enough, which meant it was time for cleaning. After that, I left the kitchen and found Hugo and Simon in the computer room. Hugo told me about the sentou, and I decided I should go; I could use a bit of relaxation. Looks like we’re getting ready to go now…

No comments:

Post a Comment