Monday 5 April 2010

Day 218 - 5th of April

10:59pm セミナーハウス

Just finished watching 崖の上のポンヨ (Gake no ue no Ponyo – Ponyo on the cliff) with a big group in the lounge, which meant that I didn’t end up going to sentou with Yuji and Hugo; I’m happy that I stayed and watched the rest of it. It was a wonderfully simple and touching movie; I really enjoyed it. Because I assumed it wouldn’t have subtitles, I was a little tentative to watch it, but Rebecca assured us that the Japanese was really easy. But then it turned out that there were English subtitles, which was nice; although I could understand most of it, it was nice to have them. Actually, we all had a good time ridiculing the translations for a lot of it. But I really glad I finally got to see it; it’s been a long time coming. So, about my day…It’s finally started to warm up here, and I was more than comfortable going to uni with just a jumper; no need for scarf, jacket, or gloves. This is good because it means I can start thinking about sending the majority of my winter clothes back home; along with a whole bunch of books no doubt. In Speaking, we finished off the last grammar point for chapter 7, and then went over the more difficult ones again. In the break, I got some money out (thankfully), and did my homework in the lounge, before practicing some kanji. Reading and Writing consisted of reading part of the dialogue at the beginning of the chapter, and answering questions about it; and that was another Monday at uni finished.


I went grocery shopping at Kirindo and Fresco, and then got back to eat lunch. It was almost 4 when I went to the gym, and I got a good hour in; I was very satisfied. Getting back, i got my blog up-to-date, and then studied Religion until 7; I’m feeling good about it. For dinner, I made spaghetti bolognese, trying a 茄子 (nasu – eggplant) sauce; tasted great. I turned the tv on, and flicked over to a channel to find one of the most shocking sights I’ve ever seen. A woman, presumably American, was on a Japanese game show, breaking boards with her breasts; in the spirit of karate!!! I was impressed, but mostly horrified. Her breasts were huge, and the way she flung them at the boards was terrifying; the strange things people do. The show continued, presenting a kind of countdown of weird and wacky human achievements; it was pretty interesting. One guy managed to free dive down to a depth of 88m, having to hold his breath for over 3 minutes, and another could shoot an earring off a manikin with a sniper rifle. It was just about 8:30 when Rebecca let us know she’d be putting the movie on shortly. Ash and Rachael decided to go back to their own devices, but Rachel wanted to watch it; she did bring her homework down with her though. I was then bombarded with food; Rebecca’s yatsuhashi and chocopie; Will’s pineapple cake; Liz’s Madeline (small sponge cakes originating from France); and Jeremy’s Easter themed peeps (marshmallow candies from the US); I was very, very appreciative. Also, I finished off the last two crème eggs, so now I have no more chocolate left; I’m surprised it lasted this long. Well, I’ve got a mid-term tomorrow, and then I think I’m going to bake some biscuits for Rachael’s birthday on Wednesday…

No comments:

Post a Comment