Tuesday 6 April 2010

Day 219 - 6th of April

10:56pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
Another beautiful day; it was almost too warm… almost. I’m really, really hoping the weather stays like this, because I’m thinking about going to Himeji castle this weekend; should be able to catch the last of the cherry blossoms. See how I go; it might be nicer, and certainly cheaper, to just go into Kyoto. Anyway, about my day… I got up just after 9, and after getting ready, rode to Sanko to do a small grocery shop; I needed a few more things for biscuits. Unfortunately when I got there, they still hadn’t opened. I found this quite annoying, especially considering they’re supposed to open at 9:30; I had to wait around till almost 10. Anyway that done, I got back home and after unpacking my groceries I did a little bit of last minute study for Religion. I made my way to uni shortly after, and truly began to appreciate just how lovely and warm it was today. After Speaking class, I went to the club room and practiced koto for an hour with Maarika, and caught up with Midori sempai, who had just been on a short exchange to Australia. Getting to Religion, I ended up finishing the exam in 15 minutes; as did many of my other classmates. It was a piece of cake, or as I’ve come to learn a 河童の屁 (kappa no he – Kappa’s fart), in Japanese. Actually I lie, there were a couple that threw me a bit, but I feel pretty confident about it. I was done just as the professor came back with the compilation of this group’s interview write-ups for us to read; taking the handouts, I left.

When I got to my bike, I realised I needed baking paper, so I made my way over to Kirindo, and got some; bought some juice too. I decided to take a route through the houses to get home, and it was actually really interesting. I noticed a shrine on the way, and now I really want to go back to check it out; it’s amazing what you’ll find in side streets. Getting back, I had lunch, and then got stuck into baking biscuits; Milo ones again. I think this mixture turned out a lot better than the last, and I ended up making about 30 decent sized biscuits. I’ve got them in a box in my room now, and I’ve so tempted to eat them all. I’ve already put aside the ones for Rachael, so I’m not allowed to touch them. That ended up taking about 2 hours, and in that time, I got my Speaking homework done. Getting back downstairs, I decided I wanted to go to Avail, so I did. I wore my new shoes for the first time today, and they’re already starting to get a little dirty; can’t be helped. I wasn’t doing any shoes shopping today though; I was more interested in the bargains. And there were plenty. They were still clearing out the winter clothes, and some of the prices were amazing; 500円 for long sleeve T-shirts! I ended up making two purchases, which made me very happy; I haven’t bought anything from there for a while now.

Getting back worked on my vocab and studied kanji until I went up to have dinner at about 7. I mixed last night’s leftovers with the rest of my rice, and added carrot and bok choy, and a bit of soy sauce; it turned out great. I sat with Rachel and Ash, and finally payed them back; out of debt once again. I also retrieved Jazz’s battery charger from my room for her. After finishing dinner, I had a Milo (you’d think I’d already had enough from all the biscuits I’d ate) and a banana for dessert, and then helped Rebecca with her dinner. She was making yakisoba for the first time and wasn’t feeling very confident about it, so I offered to help; I ended up cooking it for her. It’s my own fault for being such a control freak; at least she prepared it all. And I gave her some pointers, so I think she’ll be right to do it on her own next time. I’m certainly no professional myself; I wind it most of the time. She gave me her approval after getting into it, so that made me feel good; I would have hated to have cooked a bad meal for someone. Anyway, Ash and Rachel soon left, but Katie arrived, so I talked with her for a bit, and then left myself. It was about 8:30 when I got back down, and I decided I would have a shower and shave; feel much better now. After that, I sorted my laundry for tomorrow, and then did some reading for class. Finally, I uploaded a bunch of photos on facebook, and here I am; better get some sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment