Monday 19 April 2010

Day 232 - 19th of April

10:28pm セミナーハウス

天気:晴れ

Just been in the kitchen, re-watching Jazz’s Japanese game show debut; she had finally received the recording from them. Everyone sat eagerly in the kitchen, awaiting Jazz’s entrance, but we ended up having to wait almost 40 minutes before she did; there was a whole bunch of other stuff on beforehand. Anyway, it was cool to see that again; it’s already been more than two months since it occurred. Well, today was a nice warm day, albeit a bit cloudy… I woke up with little time to get ready, so I just had a banana, got dressed, and got out. There was no need to rush though, because basically as soon as I got to class, it was over. Today, we were meant to go around and interview Japanese people about our topic that we’re going to present in class. Instead, Jo, Nathan, Kim, and I sat around and talked, and also got a bit of homework done, in the cafeteria; I would ask Mori and Midori Sempai later. It soon came around to Reading and Writing though, and we did have a proper class; finished off the reading, and answered lots of questions. After class, I went to Kirindo and Fresco for groceries. When I came out of Fresco, I noticed a taiyaki stand set up, and decided I’d buy a couple; custard-filled of course. I was really glad I did, because the guy gave me and extra one for free; I thought that was really nice. So I enjoyed one fresh during the ride home, and saved the other two for dessert; yummy!


Getting home, I had lunch and then got a little bit of homework done, before having a nap. I also got to read a letter from Nanny, and I got an insight on why letter writing has become such an integral part of her life; it was very interesting. When I get back, I’m going to have to write down all of Nanny and Poppy’s stories of their early life; I think it would be fascinating. Eventually it was time to get back to uni for koto club. After a snack, I got to the room and found Brittney and Maarika. Neither of them was practicing, but I decided I would practice for a while anyway; stumbled through Miyabi a couple of times. 6 o’clock came round, so Mori arrived, and we got everything moved down into the practice room; I think for now on, I will pick up the keys for the room on both days. Natalie and Kirianna, and eventually Mori Sempai also showed up, but there was no sign of Riho or Miki; which was a bit of a shame. I worked on the strumming technique, which I found out is simply a tremolo. It was quite funny, because Mori Sempai told us the name for the technique in Japanese トレモロ (toremoro), and I looked it up, thinking it was a Japanese word.


When I found out it was an English word (well, technically Italian), I smacked myself, and so did Mori Sempai; she knew it was a katakana word, but never realised it was a borrowed word. Anyway, I’m getting slightly better at that; I’ve just gotta try and not be so tense. Since I lent Maarika one of my tsume, I spent the last 20 minutes talking with Mori and Midori Sempai about the Great Barrier Reef, which understandably they didn’t know that much about. Still, we made some interesting assumptions about what would happen if it suddenly disappeared; chain reaction. I’m going to talk with them some more about it tomorrow, and I’ll have to find some other Japanese students to ask questions too; hopefully I can get something out of it that I can use for my presentation, which seems to be the point of the exercise. After packing up, I rode back with Maarika and Mori, and then basically went straight to the kitchen; I was hungry. I made a heap of yakisoba, and I had hoped it would last for three meals, but it never seems to go that far; oh well, two is better than one. So yeah, spent the rest of the night in the kitchen, and now I’m going to get some sleep; Hugo and I are going to try to make an effort to get to bed earlier…

No comments:

Post a Comment