Monday 1 February 2010

Day 155 - 1st of Febuary

10:53pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
I just watched The Labyrinth (again), with Rachael (English Rachael), Simon, and Sarah. Rachael hadn’t seen it before, and while we were in the computer room, it was brought up in conversation, and I told her we had it on VHS. I think she enjoyed it, xD. Anyway, first day of classes went well. I didn’t have any afternoon classes, just my Japanese speaking, and Reading and Writing classes in the morning… I woke up at 8, and took my time to get ready; it was another rainy day. Hugo left first, to go and try to get his bike registered at the bike shop; unfortunately it was closed when he went. He did get it registered with the Kansai Gaidai parking though, so he’s going to try the shop again tomorrow. I left at around 9:30, not taking an umbrella as it wasn’t raining at the time. My Speaking class started at 10, and I was happy to see that Jo is in my class too. Our sensei’s name is 西郷英樹 (Saigou Hideki). We made a joke about his name, before we realised his name had a long “o” sound; 最後 – saigo means “last” in Japanese. So yeah, Saigou sensei seems really cool. We didn’t do much in class; we just went over the syllabus, and introduced ourselves.

Class finished early, so Jo and I went down to the lounge, and I started my reading for Religion in Japan. Simon soon joined us, and we chatted for a little while; he left to send some emails and then came back again. Finally it was time for our Reading and writing class; Jo’s with me for this one too. Her name is 河原由祐子 (Kawahara Yuuko). The fact that she speaks almost exclusively in Japanese was kinda daunting at first, but I think it’s actually really great; it’s what we’re here for. Same thing as Speaking, in terms of what we covered in class. And that was me done for the day. I decided to go home for lunch, and it was pouring as I left; I took an umbrella from CIE. Getting back, I made pancakes (enough for two or three breakfasts), and then had lunch; tomato, ham, and rice on toast. Then I got stuck into revision for the test on Friday. It’s mostly for the new students, to make sure they’re in the right level, but I still want to make sure I do okay. I then tried to do some more reading, but felt so tired, so had a nap; I can’t believe how tired I was. I woke up at about 5:30, and continued with revision.

It wasn’t until after 7 that I went up to have dinner; made yakisoba. I stayed up there for a while, and talked with new people, and also got elected as the group leader for B group cleaning, since the other Japanese have gone home for spring break; Yuji and Asami need the extra help. I was more than happy to volunteer. Went back downstairs at about 9, and bothered Simon in the computer room while he was trying to write his blog. Lolz, when Rachael and I brought up The Labyrinth, he decided to title that entry The “Blog” of Eternal Stench; so funny!!! So yeah, watched the movie, and that’s the end of my night. Got an 11 o’clock start tomorrow, and my first Religion in Japan class; I’m looking forward to it. I’m still on the waiting list for Onna to Otoko, and I’m going to go sit in on it on Wednesday. Well, I’d better go have a shower now and then get some sleep. Getting back into routine, slowly but surely…

No comments:

Post a Comment