Tuesday 23 February 2010

Day 177 - 23rd of February

9:43pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
It was another wonderfully warm, sunny day today. I slept in till about 9, and then dragged myself out of bed to pancakes for breakfast. After eating, I helped Okaasan clean up the kitchen a bit; she was very grateful. It was really in a dreadful state though. I’d actually gone up last night, and helped Yuji to put all the dirty pots and pans out on the table, as a statement to try to get people to clean up after themselves; I don’t think it’ll work, but it’s something I guess. I got to uni, and did a quick revision of the vocab words before having the quiz for Speaking. After class, I went down to the lounge, and sat with Biancha, got my homework done, and helped her with study for her map quiz in History this afternoon. Soon enough it was time for Religion and we had a little bit of a history lesson, focusing on how Buddhism was pushed aside in favour of Shinto to bring power back to the Emperor in the early 20th century, emphasising nationalism, and homogeny. I made my way home straight afterwards, talking with Nadezhda for a while. When I got back I realised that by bike, it really only takes 5 minutes to get to university; that’s much better than 15 minutes walking. I was so hungry, so you can imagine how happy I was when I finished off the rest of the Nachos; so good. I’m definitely going to have to make that again; hopefully find some spicier sauce for it next time.

After lunch, I went downstairs to find Simon in the computer room, and we chatted for quite a while, eventually moving into the lounge. Then we went to Sanko, so Simon could by some food for dinner tonight, since his plan to go out with people for gyudon had fallen through. I ended up only buying some bananas, which I was very happy about; always spent too much money at supermarkets. We got back just before 6, and the fact that it was still light out was wonderful. The windows were open in the kitchen, and there was no need for the A/C. Simon was hungry and asked for my vegemite to put on some bread until he realised he’d actually picked up メープル (maple) bread; that would’ve been terrible with vegemite. It smelt amazing though, and Simon is letting me have two pieces as compensation; score. I’m going to have them with the rest of my pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. Katie was in the kitchen and, remember that statement Yuji was trying to make; well, she decided it was a good idea to clean it all herself. We tried valiantly to stop her, but she was a woman on a mission. I ended up helping her in the end; I just couldn’t restrain myself.

Getting back downstairs, I spent the next hour and a half uploading photos on deviant art and facebook; I’m way behind. Satisfied with the amount I’d done, I went up and made dinner (yakisoba), and then sat with Ash and Rachel. We talked until 9, and when Katie came in Yuji thanked her for her work in the kitchen. Then it was time for cleaning, and even though it wasn’t my week, I felt compelled to help. I really don’t mind doing it, and it means I can chat with people a bit longer. Finally, it was time to come back down here. I’m going to do some kanji practice after this, and then call it a night. It’s so nice to be able to sit here in a t-shirt, and no socks; I’m even sweating, which I guess isn’t so nice. Anyway, I tried my new soap this morning, and I smelt great; I really did feel smell with my whole heart. Pretty soon I’ll be able to start shipping back all my winter clothes, and hopefully make room to buy some more summer clothes; my hunger for clothing is insatiable. I still have to buy some boots, and my Converse are getting pretty tattered too… well, I’ll see how I go. And wow I really need a haircut!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment