Thursday 11 February 2010

Day 164 - 10th of February

11:31pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
I’m feeling much better today; on a swift road to recovery. It was a rainy day today, and the air was saturated in mist; so it wasn’t that cold. It only seemed to rain when I was inside, and I managed to escape getting wet all together. After my Speaking class, I went practice koto for the hour break I had; I feel confident about tomorrow. Then I had to rush back over to get to Reading and Writing. The class today was much better than Monday’s; what a relief. So perhaps, we’ll only have one really intense lesson a week, and then the rest will be slower-paced. I was able to squeeze in lunch between Reading and Writing, and Onna to Otoko. I thought about having Makkas, but was good and ended up having 掻き揚げ丼 (Kakiage don – shrimp and vegetable fritters on rice) from the cafeteria; I really liked it. Today’s Onna to Otoko class was slightly tedious; professor Hester can be somewhat abstract at times. I got through it though, and afterwards, made my way to Kirindo and Fresco before returning home.

It was almost 4 when I got back, but I busied myself vacuuming, changing the linen, and making the futon. Then I got a chance to talk with Mum and Ben; they’ve been getting rain too. Well, more like floods actually; most rain in 100 years!!! At about 6, I left my room with the intention of cooking dinner, but ended up talking with Simon for an hour; not that this was an inconvenience. When I did get to the kitchen, I decided to make stew, so that meant letting it cook for an hour. In the mean time, I did some reading, and transferred film from my video camera. Then I went up to the dining room and conversed with Ash; she’s just getting over a cold now too. Desperate to eat, I spooned myself a good portion just before 8, buttered some toast, and I was set. There was a great travel program on TV. They had gone to Yamagata prefecture in northern Honshuu, and the snow covered landscape was magical. They stayed at many hotsprings, saw heaps of waterfalls (one of which was almost frozen), and went on a river cruise. Definitely a place I want to visit; so many places I want to visit!

After dinner, and an apple, I talked with Asami for a while, and through our conversation, inevitably invited her to my concert tomorrow. Katie, Ash, and now Asami, and I will be leaving at 12 for Moriguchi station; I’m looking forward to it. I’ll shave in the morning, and get out my suit pants and dress shirt, and I guess I’ll wear my black boots; they’re the most formal things I have. So yeah, got back downstairs, and decided to pick up Deltora Quest again; I really have neglected it. I got a knock on the door, and it was Asami, looking for Hugo; unfortunately for her, he was out. Soon after she left, he came back soaking wet, but only for a very short period, as he was promptly pressured into going out for a drink; he’s still not back. I managed to get up to chapter 4, and it was really cool because I recognised a grammar point we’d just learnt today in class. And, I now have over 600 words on the vocab list! Satisfied for tonight, I went up to snack, and then found Rachael in the computer room, and talked with her for a while. She showed me her hamlet, and described to me her life growing up there; I want to go England so badly. Feeling tired, I said goodnight, showered, and here I am. Hugo just got back, so I guess it’s time for sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment