Saturday 27 February 2010

Day 180 - 26th of February

11:31pm セミナーハウス

天気:雨天

Well all good things come to an end, including the beautiful sunny weather. Today was a miserable rainy day, although it still wasn’t that cold; I guess that’s something. Anyway, I didn’t let the rain stop me from having a good day… I got up just before my alarm was about to go off at 7:50. For some reason, I almost always manage to do that; I must have a very good internal clock. I got ready, and then made my way to uni. I decided to ride, even though it was raining; this decision was partially due to the fact that there were no more umbrellas to borrow. It really wasn’t raining that heavily anyway, and I was wearing a jacket. I met Mori Sempai on the way, and we rode into uni together. Getting to class, we basically spent the 50 minutes revising for the lesson test on Monday; I’m looking forward to it… Then it was time for Reading and Writing, we again started off with a speech, and then sensei informed us of the oldest road in Japan; near Nara!!! I really, really want to go and check it out; he’s given us all the information, and recommended cherry blossom season. Saigou sensei is great; I always take away a lot from his classes. I was so hungry after class, and decided I might as well go home for lunch, since my next class wasn’t until 1:15; I wouldn’t have done this if I didn’t have a bike.


I did my homework first (this way I would get it done fast since I was so hungry), and then tucked into lunch; the usual. I had a little nap afterwards, and then it was time to head back to uni once more; still raining. In Gender and Sexuality, the Professor has been letting us watch the Olympics for the first 10-15 minutes of class. Today was the last day of the women’s figure skating and we got to watch 安藤美姫 (Miki Ando), dressed as Cleopatra; she was really good. Then we got stuck into it. After class, we went down to his office to pay for the Takarazuka tickets, which have been successfully secured; can’t wait! Then I was home time again; this time for the rest of the weekend; yay. I went up to the kitchen to eat a mandarin, and caught the end of the women’s figure skating; or more likely a reply. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing well, not much actually. Just when I started to get into Deltora Quest again, I realised it was already time to go to sentou; a few days earlier Yuji had told Hugo and I that he was planning a trip today. I admired Hugo’s enthusiasm, being his first time to a sentou. It ended up just being Yuji, Hugo and I.


Since we all had bikes, of course we rode; still raining. I had let Hugo know all the “rules” of the bathhouse, and Yuji also helped to explain things. We got there just after 6, and stayed for about an hour; so relaxing. I got to see another Yazuka, though his tattoos weren’t nearly as impressive as the last guys; he only had them covering his arms. Hugo seemed to enjoy himself, although the heat of the water made him feel a little out of it; does the same thing to me. I think it’s something you really have to get used too; it’s so hard to spend any longer in there without starting to feel dizzy. Riding back, I relished the feeling of the rain hitting me in the face. Yuji didn’t share my enjoyment, holding his red umbrella over his head; I’m always amazed when people can ride and hold an umbrella at the same time. When we got back, I went into the lounge, and watched a bit of The Fifth Element. Biancha had confiscated the lounge, so no Firefly tonight; oh well.


I soon went up to make dinner, which turned out nicely. I diced up some chicken, put it with some onions, and pasta sauce, then added two eggs, before putting it on top of spaghetti and sprinkling it with cheese; I could become a chef yet. I doubt it though; I just like having fun with food. I stayed in the kitchen and talked with the girls for a while, and then went down with Rachael to watch Episode Denzel: On the way to a Smile (an FFAC spin-off), in the lounge. Biancha, Liz, and Will were watching Edward Scissor-hands, and I couldn’t help but be a little distracted; I love that movie. I ended up watching the last 30 minutes of it, laughing as Biancha was moved to tears by it. Then I watched some more of FFACC with Rachael before calling it a night. After my shower I realised that the top of my right foot was no longer numb. I had just gotten so used to it, that I hadn’t even noticed the change. Feeling it now, it’s still a little strange, but much better than it was; I’m on the road to full recovery, I hope. Well, that’ll do me. I don’t have very much planned for the weekend; might go out somewhere. Most importantly, I have to study for my lesson test…

No comments:

Post a Comment