Saturday 6 February 2010

Day 159 - 5th of February

11:45pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
I’ve just finished watching Nightmare before Christmas, and Sleepy Hollow with Ash, Katie, Rachel, and Rachael; Tim Burton is the best! Today went well. I got up a little late, but got to uni on time for my 9 o’clock class, in which I had my Reading and Writing test. Straight after that was the Speaking test. Both went pretty well I think; glad they’re over. Then I went down to the lounge, after finding a notice of interest in my mailbox. Someone is selling textbooks cheap and my Onna to Otoko books were listed. So, I sent an email to the seller; sadly, still no reply. I actually waited in the computer lab for a while, for the reply since I was sending the message to a mobile phone; I had expected a hasty reply. Now feeling hungry, I went to lunch with Jacinthe, and had 肉じゃが丼 (nikujagadon – a meat and potato dish). It’s an interesting dish that sees the marriage of British beef stew and Japanese style cooking and ingredients; very tasty. It’s a great winter dish, and I’ll have to try cooking it some time.

After lunch, I had my Onna to Otoko class, where we discussed the definition of gender, contrasted it to the word “sex”, and brought up the issue of intersex; it was all very fascinating. And then I was done for the day. I decided to check out Avail before going home, and found a pretty cool pair of boots. I wasn’t completely convinced, so decided to wait, in hopes the price may drop; already really cheap though considering. When I got back, I found Simon and Rachael in the computer lab, and chatted with them for a while, before going up with Simon to the kitchen to get something to eat. As we were climbing the stairs, Katie was coming down and oh wow she looked great with straight hair; so different too. After eating, Simon soon left to go out with friends. I went back to my room and chatted with Alex and then family for a while, and then went up to make dinner; pizza. While it was cooking, Hugo came in, telling me he had someone to introduce. I soon become acquainted with Richard; a friend of Hugo’s who has been following my blog.

Needless to say, I was quite shocked by this; meeting someone who already knows much about me. I can’t say that it isn’t a bit creepy; hopefully he will read this and have a good laugh. He was really cool though, and even offered me a gift; sweets. I ate them straight after my pizza; thanks Richard they were very tasty. So yeah, that was cool. At this point, I was joined by Katie and Ash, and soon Rachel, and we sat and talked, while watching a program featuring Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (which I still haven’t seen), and other Ghibli works. They also showed the Ghibli museum, which I really want to go to. At about 8:30, it was movie time, and we had quite a number watch Nightmare before Christmas. That soon dissipated, after Sleepy Hollow came on; great night of viewing. Next Friday’s going to be Sweeny Todd, then another movie that Ash is dying to show us; looking forward to it. Well, better get some sleep; Beauty and the Beast tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. :) We decided not to go eat sushi because we heard a lot of people were going to be there. However, we did try...but got lost. Haha. So we decided to go to the bar next to the east gate because a couple of friends were there. They were showing that same Ponyo show. However, I understood nothing. Haha. It was fun, though.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the sweets! (^_^)

    ~~~~Richard

    ReplyDelete