Thursday 4 February 2010

Day 158 - 4th of February

9:10pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
This week has been so tiring; I don’t understand why. I guess just getting back into learning mode has drained me. I didn’t have class until 12 today, so I had a nice sleep in. I’ve decided Saigo sensei is the best Japanese teacher ever. He’s so funny, and makes learning enjoyable; I hope our classes continue like this. After Speaking, I had an hour break, so I sat in the lounge and did some more reading for Religion. Today we talked about ancestor worship, and what religion means to the Japanese; it’s a very complicated, but interesting issue. I also learnt that Japanese people have to pay rent for the gravestones of their departed family members; otherwise they get taken out to make room for others! Professor Kenney is all over the place with her teaching; scatter-brained. It’s cool though, and like I said, very engaging. After religion I was done for the day, so I went to Kirindo to stock up, and then made my way home; it was so cold and windy.

Getting back, I made lunch, and then basically crashed; it was about 4 at this point. I couldn’t believe it, but I ended up sleeping for almost 2 hours! Feeling like crap, I went up to the kitchen, and spent time chatting with Simon, Ash and Katie. I didn’t end up making dinner until almost 8 (gyudon), after which I felt absolutely stuffed; I still do. I then went up to Ash and Katie’s room to lend Katie my straightening iron. She’s going to straighten her hair, and wear her kimono to Beauty and the Beast, which is only 2 days away; so excited. Hopefully I can look equally dignified. I’ll have to steal it back off her on Saturday, before we leave. Don’t know what I’ll be doing on Sunday; hopefully go somewhere exciting. I haven’t got too much uni work as yet, so still got some chances to explore. Okay, I have to do a bit of study for tomorrow’s test, and then I’m going to hit the hay; got class at 9 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment