Tuesday 5 January 2010

Day 128 - 5th of January

9:33pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
Again, I didn’t get up until 3 this afternoon. But fear not, this vicious cycle will come to an end presently because Ryan’s left, and he won’t be returning until Sunday. Now I can get back to going to sleep at reasonable hours of the night. So what did I do today… Well, I had breakfast and lunch together (cereal and then avocado, tomato, and rice on toast), while watching art-related programs on TV. I spent the rest of the afternoon stuffing around on the computer, reading web comics and the like, until Ryan left. Then I made my first real attempt at reading Deltora Quest – the Forest of Silence in Japanese; デロトラ・クエスト‐沈黙の森. And by reading, I mean having to translate every second word. Seriously, in an hour I only got through four pages, and had to translate 96 words; thank you iPod touch! I’m not going to give up though; even if it takes me a year. I feel I’ve barely scratched the surface when it comes to Japanese vocabulary, so this should help immensely.

After that, I went up to dinner, and felt lazy, so I just defrosted the stew; gosh it was packed with flavour. Aki and Kaoru returned from their home towns and the new RA, Hiroshi has moved in across from me. Watched TV for a little while, and then came back down here. Tomorrow I have to do laundry!!! I haven’t done it in weeks; I don’t know how I have so many clothes. I don’t know what else I want to do tomorrow; I guess I have to do grocery shopping. Classes start for the Japanese students tomorrow, and Carly told me she goes back to uni at the end of the week; so weird. I guess I have to remember it’s flipped in the northern hemisphere; they have their big break in the middle of the year; their summer. Anyway, early night tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment