Friday 22 January 2010

Day 145 - 22nd of January

10:36pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
Finally settled, back in the old futon’s we had during just semester, two empty beside me, and Jo’s two very pink suitcases in the desk area; the room feels nice and full. Today was a long day… Although I had a terrible night’s sleep, I still managed to get up at quarter to 8. I decided to quickly go have some breakfast before vacuuming. Ryan roused soon after I returned; I was moving my futon out. Once the floor was cleared, we vacuumed, and I also dusted the shoji screens and air conditioner. We ended up getting it done by 8:30; way ahead of schedule. So, we just talked for a while… Ryan explained that he would be going back into home stay if it weren’t for that the home stay he was with last semester won’t be looking after anyone this semester, since she’ll be travelling. He said he didn’t want to risk another; he had heard stories of not very good ones, as had I. He also commented that this was probably the longest conversation he’d had in English since he got here; crazy. He is in level 7 Japanese (the highest level) as I was soon to find out, so I guess it’s expected.

A bit after 9, Okaasan arrived. She checked my side of the room first, then went up and checked my kitchen box and the fridge, and found everything to be immaculate. She was very pleased; I was just relieved. Then onto Ryan, and there was no problem there, so he was soon on his way to seminar house four; I might see him around on campus. So, with only a door key, I went and had a shower. As I was finishing the light in the shower went out. I immediately thought black out but no; the bulb had just died. I went and explained this to Otousan, and he got me to fetch the master keys from Okaasan upstairs, before going into the store room, and pulling out a new bulb. Surprisingly, he asked me to go and change it; of course I humbly obliged. Socks off, and onto the wet shower, and it was done in a jiffy. Made me feel like I was at home; changing light bulbs because I’m so tall. After that, I went up and got Jo’s luggage from upstairs and dragged it into my room. Satisfied with everything here, I went into university.

Jacinthe caught up with me on the way there, and we talked the rest of the way. She went into the CIE, and I went to post Tamblyn’s shoes. It turned out to be quite cheap; cheaper than I’d expected at least. I went back into uni, and ate lunch at the cafeteria with Jacinthe. Of course, I had katsudon; I missed it a lot. After that, we went back to CIE, and I checked my mail; received a postcard and card from Nanny and Poppy. Then I went the computer lab to up for laptop registration for this semester. It was really quiet, and she actually asked if I had my laptop with me then, but I didn’t. I instead selected the 2:40 time slot today. Then, I went and requested an unofficial transcript. Jacinthe told me you could do it, and I did want to know my grades. She had also requested one a week ago, and when I asked the guy how long it would take to get to me (they put it in your mailbox), and he said by Monday. Jacinthe piped up that she hadn’t received hers yet, and I think this got them motivated.

I then left for home, and went up to let Ash and Katie know they could register their laptops today. Okaasan soon came in for their inspection, and she was surprised to see me. I went to leave, but she insisted I stay (it was quite funny actually), so I plopped myself down on a futon, and looked at the calendar of Canada Katie gave me; beautiful photos. They pulled off their inspection no sweat, and then we left for the uni once more; for me at least. I got in and got mine done straight away, hassle free; I mean we’ve already done it once, so they know what we have and all. I looked in my mailbox again, and found an envelope containing the transcript; it really did get them motivated. I was happy with my results; it was exactly what I had expected I’d receive. I sat down with Ash and Katie in the lounge as they waited for their times, and Jacinthe soon joined us; she also got her transcript. Lol, two guys and a girl across from as were sleeping on the lounges; one of the guys was snoring quite loudly.

After registrations were complete, we decided to go to Makkas; a late lunch for Ash and Katie, and a snack for me. I ended up getting a cheese burger and strawberry milkshake, and Ash got a Texas Burger at my recommendation; she really liked it. Jancithe came over and noticed that we all had food, and felt left out, so she went and got something; a Texas Burger also. Then Katie felt left out for being the only one to have not tried it. We stayed there and chatted for a few hours; it was great. It wasn’t until 6:30 that we finally got back home. I went up and bothered Ash and Katie, and was treated to photos of the areas in which they live. Ash lives in Oxford, which is just amazing in terms of architecture, and Katie lives in Calgary and has a view of the Rocky Mountains out her back door, and the landscapes is simply breathtaking. It made me feel very reminiscent, and I was amazed at how fast time had gone past, looking at all the old photos.

I left their room at 9:30 feeling hungry; they felt content with Makkas and snacks. I went done to my room and found a mini cup noodle, and a tuna to go, so I went up and ate them; happy tummy now. Wow, the kitchen looks so empty without all the pots and pans. All we have now is the microwaves and kettles. After that, I went and had a shower, and then finally got into bed. I’m really glad I got so a lot done today. Still have to get in forms and pay accommodation next week, but that should be easy. I invited Jacinthe to come and see Avatar with me tomorrow since Ash and Katie don’t really seem fussed, so hopefully we can make that happen; I’ll email her tonight. I thinking I might get a knife and spoon, and a few other utensils from the shops tomorrow, and some other groceries. Also found out the names of my new roommates; Hugo Philippe Alexandre Bertrand from Spain, and Jamie Lee Skyes from England. Hugo will be permanent, and Jamie will be going into other accommodation. I also found out that Simon (a guy from USC I got in contact with over facebook) with be right across from me. Can’t wait to meet all the new people…

No comments:

Post a Comment