Friday 1 January 2010

Day 123 - 31st of December

10:05pm 牧野駅
天気:寒い、風が吹いて
We’re in Makino station in the waiting room…

10:16pm 特急
I’m with Katie, Jo, and Nadezhda and now we’re on a limited express to Gion Shijo; switched over at Kuzuha. We’re going to the Chionin temple first, and then Yasaka shrine. Today was lazy… I got up at about 10:30, had breakfast and caught up with Ash and Katie; they had just arrived back from Tokyo via night bus. I was able to see the pictures of their trip on Ash’s camera; she then explained to me she wouldn’t be coming tonight because she felt under the weather. I made a quick trip to Sanko to pick up some meat and milk; since basically everything is closed on New Years. I got back and watched Ghostbusters on TV with Jo, Nadezhda, and Alex, and planned our night. I had a late lunch (very late) at about 4, and watched a bit of Lost with Vince on his laptop. I talked with my family on Skype for a while, before chatting with Alex and Carly.

At about 8, I went and had dinner (leftover yakisoba), and talked with Katie and Ash while watching a New Years singing competition; I saw Angela Aki in the ensemble performance! Susan Boyle was also on as a guest singer, and sung I Dreamed a Dream; how predictable. Since Jo was a guest, and she wanted to watch the program, she set up a chair in the corridor just outside the dining room door, and got me to prepare her cup noodles; it was rather funny. She ended up going back down to the lounge to eat however, and it was then I discovered there wasn’t much time left before we had to leave. So I rushed to get ready, and we made it out just past 9:30. The walk to Makino was freezing, and it was windy. Hopefully we’ll be more sheltered in Kyoto…

No comments:

Post a Comment