Saturday 30 January 2010

Day 152 - 29th of January

10:21am 大阪環状線
天気:晴れ
We’re on the Osaka loop line, bound for 桜島 (Sakurajima), which goes direct to Universal Studios! I’m so excited; it’s a beautiful day, and pretty soon I’ll be exchanging trains for roller coasters! I got up at 7:20 this
morning, thought about going back to sleep, but decided to get up and have a shower; Jamie had just got back from his night of raving, and I knew he’d want to go back to bed. After showering, I went up and had breakfast, and chatted with Rachel and Jacinthe when she came in. Hugo’s got a cold, but he’s still going on the Kyoto trip; hope he gets better soon. At a quarter to 9, I went down to the lounge, and talked with Simon, until the girls finally showed up at 20 past. We went on our way to Makino and changed trains at Hirakata. Almost there, just got off the loop at 西九条 (Nishikujo).

11:21am USJ

We’re in the line for the Jaws ride; just got off Hollywood Dream (the big rollercoaster). Wow, total adrenaline rush; haven’t felt like that in a long time. It was so cool too, because with some rides you can choose to do single rider, which means you bypass the regular line and serve to fill the excess spots on the ride. We walked straight up to the platform, and got on the first train there; Katie in car 2 and me in 5. It was really scary at first, since I haven’t been on a rollercoaster in ages; I did enjoy it though. In the end, the wait to get off the ride was longer than to get on; crazy. Man, feel so bad for Ash; she forgot her season pass, so decided to just go back home! It’s such a bummer. I’m thinking I might get a season pass, but then again, I got a huge discount when Katie presented her pass while I was paying for my ticket. So happy to be here and definitely thinking I could come back again. Some of the rides are closed for maintenance, and a new ride is coming out soon, and we won’t be here to see the light show at night… Still waiting.

1:10pm USJ
We’re just waiting for the Universal Monsters Rock and Roll Show. Jaws was really good; it was a boat tour through “Amity”. Katie’s been on it 5 times now, and it still freaks her out. Then we went for lunch at a 50’s style diner. Yes, the food is expensive here, but oh well. After lunch, we went to see the Terminator 2, 3-D show and it was so well done; the actors and 3-D effects were amazing. The footage was all dubbed, and it was really funny to see Arnie speaking Japanese. There were even environmental effects; wind, fog, water, lights, and the seats moved. We’re seated in the theatre now, looking forward to another great show…

2:20pm USJ
Now we’re lining up for the Spider-Man ride. The rock and roll show was a lot of fun; they’re so professional. Beetle Juice hosted the show, and was played by a Japanese guy, but the rest (Dracula, Wolfboy, Frankenstein, etc.) were played by foreigners. They sung in English, and it was a whole lot of popular rock songs, dancing and lighting effects; awesome! Almost on the ride now…

2:34pm USJ
Wow!!! The Spider-Man ride was epic; the 3-D affects coupled with the highly dynamic car was great. Now I’m in the line for Back to the Future. Katie decided to sit this one out; it’s a 3-D motion simulator ride. I wish it wasn’t so cold and windy… After this, we’re going to see Shrek’s 4-D Adventure and then I don’t know what else. It’s been incredible so far…


4:45pm 大阪環状線
We’re on the loop-line back to Kyobashi… Back to the Future was awesome; I was in the front row. After that, Katie and I got waffles (chocolate), and walked around to Jurassic Park. Unfortunately the ride (a log flume) is closed for maintenance until the 5th of February. We continued around and back through Amity and over to Snoopy Land and then Oz; really cool scenery. We missed the last showing of Shrek’s 4-D Adventure, so we went on to a few souvenir shops. Finally satisfied, we exited USJ, and went into a few more walks along the boulevard; I picked up some more badges so I was happy. I’m feeling very tired now, and we still have to walked back from the station to uni to pick up our class schedules, and then we can finally get home.

9:59pm セミナーハウス
I’m in the lounge with Katie, Ash, Jacinthe, and Jo, watching the Cat Returns. We just finished watching Spirited Away, and then went straight onto this; relaxing way to spend the evening… After getting back to Hirakatashi, Katie and I walked to the uni and found out our classes. Both of us didn’t get into Monsters, which is a shame. Katie’s on the waiting list; since there are already 30 people on the list I’m not going to bother. Still, she might have a chance to get in. I got my religion class, but I got put into Death in East Asian Though, which would have been good except for the fact that it clashes with koto club practice. So I went to the CIE to get it changed. I got into the waiting list for Onna to Otoko (a gender and sexuality class), and enrolled into a course about manga as a backup. I’m hoping that I can get into Onna to Otoko though; I think that will be more worthwhile.

After getting that sorted out, we started walking home, only to turn around and go back to the CIE; Katie just remembered she wanted to get the details for a writing competition. We finally got back at around 7. I was so hungry, but all I had left were noodles, bread, half an avocado, and tuna; a very makeshift dinner. Still, it was filling, and we had cookies, and donuts (that we bought for Kyobashi today) for dessert. Ash got into the Monsters class, so I’m a little jealous; oh well. Today was so great; I’m so glad I went. I didn’t end up buying the season pass; I thinking I’ll only want to go one more time anyway. My feet are feeling very sore now, so it’ll be so nice to get into bed tonight. I’m looking forward to karaoke tomorrow afternoon. Don’t know who exactly is coming, but hopefully some new people. Now, time to enjoy the rest of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment