Thursday 7 January 2010

Day 130 - 7th of January

10:24pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
Just been watching movie trailers for the past hour; so many epic new movies coming out this year. Well, today was certainly a much longer day; I woke up at 9. Still, I didn’t really do that much… In the morning, I made eggs on toast for breakfast, and then vacuumed the floor. I had a nap at noon, and then talked with Alex and Carly for most of the afternoon, before going grocery shopping at Sanko. I had a late lunch at 4, and then enjoyed downloading a whole heap of new music from iTunes, including the Sweeny Todd OST. I did a bit of exercise, since my muscles were killing me (from exercising yesterday no doubt), and then read a bit more of Deltora Quest. It’s such a good feeling when I can actually understand most of it; even if I have to translate it before-hand. But believe me, translating is one thing, making sense of the sentence is a completely different matter; so I think I’m doing a pretty good job considering. I didn’t end up having dinner till about 8. Upon arriving in the kitchen, I noticed everyone was wearing masks, and recalled the email we got today informing us of a confirmed case of influenza in the seminar house.

So of course, as the Japanese have a need for cleanliness at their very core, it was expected that everyone wear a mask, at all times; except when eating of course. I didn’t have a mask in the kitchen at the time, but assured Yuji and Otousan that I would be wearing one afterwards. I’m just going to stay as far away from everyone as possible. I’m in a pretty good position here, as far as room location goes; secluded. Hiroshi is the only other person living in this section, and I know he’ll be very hygienic. Also, I don’t have to worry about Ryan contracting anything since he’s not here; I should be fine. So yeah, made gyudon for dinner, although I used pork meat not beef, so technically it’s not gyudon. Still come out the same way, and tasted great; I don’t know how I stuffed it up last time. So although I didn’t do much, I still very satisfied about the day. Hopefully I can get out and do something tomorrow; I really don’t know what though… anyway, time for shower, shave, and then bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment