Saturday 30 January 2010

Day 151 - 28th of January

21:01pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
Jamie and Hugo are already asleep, so I’m out in the computer room again. Today it was cold and wet, and soon after I got up this morning, I had to get the rest of my washing in; it hadn’t gotten that wet. Since I didn’t have any milk, and I didn’t want to go out, I asked Hugo if I could borrow his milk. He told me that he’d accidently put it in the freezer at first, but now it was back in the fridge; he didn’t know if it would be okay to drink. I was more than willing to take a chance, and it was totally fine. After breakfast, I started revising Genki II. We have a test in our first week, to make sure we’re in the right level, and I really, really don’t want to fail it.

I had lunch, and then went to uni, to pay the rest of my fees, before going to the post office to pay for my insurance. The January stipend for the JASSO finally came in, so now I have a bit more money. I’ll have o more fees to pay for the rest of the semester, so from here on out it’s all survival and enjoyment money; hopefully I have some left over in the end. I walked back past Kirindo, to pick up milk and bread, and then went to Avail. I tried on a couple of things but didn’t end up buying anything; I guess I wasn’t in the mood. I got back and continued revising for the rest of the afternoon. I went up for dinner at about 6, a found some anime to watch on TV. The first show was called 銀魂 (Gintama), and it was so funny because words would be “beeped” out. I wondered if they were swearing, or if it was just a gimmick.

Simon came in and we got chatting. We watched Pokémon, then Naruto, then this really interesting travel show. We got to see 箱根 (Hakone), which is near Mt Fuji, and famous for hot springs and outdoor activities. It looks really beautiful; I might just stay there on my way to Tokyo. Finally got sick of TV, and came down here. So excited; going to USJ tomorrow! I checked the weather and it should be sunny, which is great. Or maybe it won’t be great because the lines will be longer. Anyway, we’ll be leaving at about 9, to get there for opening at 10. This week has been long! I’m just really looking forward to next week, and starting classes again; getting back into routine. Oh well, I guess I’ll make the most of the break. Anyway, Simon, and a new acquaintance (Rachel), have gone so I think it’s time for bed.

1 comment: