Saturday 9 January 2010

Day 132 - 9th of January

9:10pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
Another cloudy day spent inside doing practically nothing; aren’t I boring. Oh well, at least I’m saving money… I got up at 9, had breakfast and enjoyed doodling with Alex for a few hours on isribble.net; so cool. I also talked with Carly. Around 2, I was craving food again, so went up and made lunch. I chatted some more afterwards, and then had a nap, getting up at about 5. I decided to bleach my hair; that took about an hour. The difference is very subtle; my hair looks kinda orangey now. I only used half the bottle though, so I’m going to try again next week. At 6:30 I went up and had dinner. I mixed last night’s leftover meat with veggies and macaroni in a yakitori sauce; it tasted really good. I sat with Ash, while watching this horrendous show on TV, where contestants who obviously can’t sing, battle it out in front of a live audience, looking very foolish; people will do anything to get on TV. After dinner I read some more of Deltora.

Now am going to watch some Hetalia: Axis Powers. This is the anime, Alex, Ash, and many others are obsessed with. It presents an allegorical interpretation of historical events, particularly in the WWII era, and the countries are represented by anthropomorphic characters. ヘタリア (Hetalia) is a portmanteau combining へたれ (hetare - useless) and イタリア (Italia). This is to make light of Italy's apparent cowardice during World War II; thank you Wikipedia. The episodes are really short (5 mins), so I thought, what the heck, might as well take a look. I’ve watched a few episodes already, and it’s pretty interesting so far. There are only 49 episodes, so I might watch them all tonight, if the internet is kind. Tomorrow is Sunday, the beginning of a new week; a week where I will no longer be lazy…

No comments:

Post a Comment