Wednesday 27 January 2010

Day 149 - 26th of January

11:20pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY; not that I did much!!! Today was, for the most part, unproductive. It was sunny, but still very cold. When I got up, everyone had already left, so I took my time getting ready and having some breakfast; I guess I’m revelling in the last few days of sleeping in. I talked with Carly for a while, and then had lunch at about 12:30. I finally figured out the best way to toast bread was in the grills under the stoves. After lunch I went up to Ash and Katie’s room, and hung out with them until we went into uni; Peter came up too, and we had some good discussions. At uni, Ash and Katie handed in their forms, and then Katie and I tried to get money out of our own banks, to pay for the accommodation. Unfortunately, there was a withdraw limit on both of our cards. I’ve decided I’ll withdraw another bout tomorrow, and then loan the rest out with the uni; it is interest free and I can pay it back as soon as I get my next JASSO stipend.

We had some Makkas (I just had a milkshake), and then Katie and I went to do some grocery shopping at Fresco. I found an 8 piece loaf of bread! The slices are really thin, but anyway. It was about 5:30 when we got back, and we decided to meet for dinner at 6:30. The place we went to was so tiny! It’s an Indian/Nepalese place just across from Shimamura and Avail. But wow, the food was excellent and so cheap. You got a curry of your choice (I got the meatball curry), a big plate of rice, Nam bread, salad, and dessert (yoghurt) for under $10! The curry was really spicy, but a really good shock to the system. The woman there was so nice, and even put the extra curry in a container for us to take home. So now I have free meal for tomorrow; just have that with some bread.

Feeling very content, we walked home in the freezing, and then I had an early shower before meeting Ash and Katie out in the lounge; they didn’t want to disturb their sleeping roommate upstairs. Simon joined as shortly after, and we had a good conversation together; Luke is the other guy’s name! Anyway yeah, we stayed there watching TV for a few hours, and I got another back massage; this time it really hurt. So we’re going to the onsen tomorrow after the loan session at uni; should be great. I haven’t been able to rope anyone else in as yet, but I guess it’ll be nice to soak alone. We called it a night at 11, and I made a quick detour to the kitchen, and enjoyed some of Biancha’s Nutella on Liz’s bread while talking with her and Jo for a while. Hopefully I’ll be able to do my laundry tomorrow. Well… time for sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment