Tuesday 6 October 2009

Day 38 - 6th of October

10:40 セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
I've been checking my pocket all day just to make sure that my phone's is still there, reassuring myself that I actually have it back. I think I'm going to be paranoid about it for a while now; I guess it's a good thing. Getting it back went off without a hitch... After a bit of searching, Jo(anna) and I finally found the police station in Hirakata. We waked there after getting our alien registration cards, which also went very smoothly; got in there and they gave it straight to us. The police station was actually quite large; a few stories tall. All I had to do though was tell the lady at the information desk that I'd lost my phone, and she past me onto another guy. I waited a little while then... I saw my phone in his hand!!! It was a miracle I just had to sign a form and then it was returned to me. Sooo happy; I'm charging it now.

So yeah, after that we went to a stationary store, then walked back to uni, but not before stopping at "Floresta", a nearby donut shop. We studied a bit, then got to class. We've had a student-teacher come into our class for the past couple of weeks. She's been mainly observing, and marking our quizzes. She got to take the class for a little while last week; I think she did really well considering. She was being filmed too! After class we went to get lunch in the cafeteria. The food is so good and so cheap. I ended up getting an ice cream too. I was amazing; tasted like tiramisu. They have so many flavours of soft serve ice cream here in Japan and you find it everywhere, it's crazy.

Jo and I had history, and then we parted ways. I went to get out the money I needed to pay for my koto picks, on my new bank card. Yay, I have lots of money now!!! Of course, I'm going to be very responsible with it, xD. So I went to koto, and again we cleaned the floors before sensei arrived. Today, we got to be instructed by the sensei in groups. I was in the first group, and a little nervous admittedly. She is really awesome though; so patient and really good at explaining. She speaks entirely in Japanese, but even though I may not understand everything she says, she is very good at conveying information through her actions. I did understand some of what she said though, which definitely helped.

She began by explaining the correct posture while playing the koto, and the correct techniques for strumming with the middle finger, and the thumb. We then went through Sakura sakura, very slowly, pausing periodically so she could point out how to play certain parts, and correcting mistakes. There was a lot to think about. She wrapped up the session with a recap on the major points. As I attempted to get up, I realised I couldn't feel my legs; at all!!! We must have been sitting in seiza for almost 20 minutes, without moving at all. I was the most amazing feeling to be honest. It was as if my legs were no longer connected to my body. I managed to stand, and it was like walking in huge, thick plaster casts. Every one else in the group was affected too. Sensei realised this, and the preceding sessions were noticeably shorter.

My feet are still aching a bit now. It's good for me though, and I know my body will get used to it; it's all part of the discipline found in all aspects of Japanese life. After the Japanese girls practiced, we got our picks fitted for our fingers, and payed for. I'm so happy to have them now; I'm going to find a cool little case to keep them in. We got some chocolate, and then were sent on our way; it was already 8. Got back and made dinner. Well... I had cup noodles. This one was udon with fried tofu. Then I got a massage from Margo; it was excellent. Too bad she didn't do my feet too, lolz. Today was a very good day I think. I'm on a high at the moment and I intend to stay there as long as possible. As I don't have any cereal I'm hopefully going to have pancakes tomorrow for breakfast. That's if Deigo will make them. We shared a packet he bought, so I've bought this one to return the favour. He's really good at making them though, so I want him to do it again :D...

No comments:

Post a Comment