Wednesday 14 October 2009

Day 45 - 14th of October

9:12pm セミナーハウス
天気;曇り
Well today turned out to quite okay. Speaking with the Japanese students was pretty good. I starting to feel like I can hold a semi-decent conversation, although the awkward silences still made an appearance every now and then. I think I did well in my essay; I ended up writing more than a page (more than 400 characters). I talked about how my life style in Australia differed from that in Japan. I tried to use as many new grammar patterns as possible. I've got more quizzes and tests tomorrow; it's never ending. I got home and had lunch. Avocado on toast as usual, except this time I put rice on top; wow, was really yummy. I'm going to pack some more, along with a carrot, apple, and tuna, tomorrow for lunch at uni.

I talked with Mum and Ben for a couple of hours; the Internet was shocking and kept on dropping out. Then I got my expenses spreadsheet up-to-date for this month; so far so good. Then I went to make dinner. I'd asked my Mum how to make stew and it ended up turning out really well: I fried the onions and then the beef (which I'd forgotten to defrost - again), then put in a can of whole tomatoes; then the rest of my veggies; then the stock; and finally some seasoning. I let it simmer for about 40 minutes before I became too hungry and had to eat. It smelt really good, and tasted even better. Carly kindly donated me one of her mega thick pieces of bread; I was very happy. And the best thing is, I have enough left for at least two more meals; I've put it in a container in the freezer. I'm having so much fun cooking; it's great. I'd better go now; do some study...

1 comment:

  1. "I've got more quizzes and tests tomorrow; it's never ending."
    OMFG I know that feeling. There is no such thing as a break, seriously.

    "I'm having so much fun cooking; it's great."
    I'm gonna make some meat piiiesss! 'cus meat pies is the one thing I'm missing in life over here away from Australia D: So I'm gonna make them ... and they're gonna be the Worst Pies in I-House ... -shot for ripping off a Sweeny Todd quote-
    Yaay you proof-read :D

    ReplyDelete