Saturday 17 October 2009

Day 48 - 17th of October

10:17pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
Lazy Saturday... No, I lie, I did get stuff done. I did my laundry this morning, and hand washed my new clothes. Unfortunately, It rained this afternoon, so I had to bring my clothes in to dry. I got my homework done for Monday, so tomorrow will be my study day for CEL and History. Jess came over and studied with Diego, and I read some more of The Gossamer Years. It is pretty interesting though, every five minutes I have to refer to the notes at the back of the book. The author, whom we don't know the name of, is adamant in only writing her most personal affairs (which basically entail her less than perfect union with her husband) in the dairy. At one point she even apologises for writing about a certain event in detail that does not involve her, so while you get a glimpse into the life of a "middle class" woman of the Heian era, other important aspects of the time a sorely missed. The poetry, which they use a lot to communicate with one another, is very beautiful though.

Tonight, I ended up eating the rest of my stew, which was really enough for two people; I was very full afterwards. At about 9, Diego and I went upstairs and played cards with Amber for a while. The other girls were in Hiroshima, or, as the case was for Ash, coming back on the Shinkansen. I would have stayed the night, considering how expensive the train ticket is; might as well make the most of being there right? Anyway, at this point, I am seriously considering a solo trip to Tokyo in the New Year, and see everything I want to see. Unfortunately I won't be able to climb Mt Fuji as the climbing season doesn't start until July. It's a shame, but I know I'll be coming back to Japan again; I have to! Well that's my lot for the day; hoping for brighter skies tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, sounded like a gloomy day for you. My day was really lazy, I slept in 'till midday, tidied my room a tiny bit, was gonna make meat pies but didn't get around to it 'cus just before I left Nick came online, lol. Then there was a party tonight and it kicked ass, and we all walked like 20 minutes down the road and went to a bar and stuff but I didn't spend long there I went to KFC (finally!) with Erica and some others and then came home early, I didn't wanna drink and I was kinda tired, dunno why. lol

    ReplyDelete