Monday 26 October 2009

Day 57 - 26th of October

10:40pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
Another rainy day; and I really wanted to do my laundry. Since I had my reading and writing mid-term, there was no Japanese speaking class, so I didn't have to get to uni until 12, which was nice. I had a slow morning, did a bit of study, and got lots of warm clothes on. It wasn't raining when I walked to and from uni, so that was a plus. My test went... okay. I found myself struggling a little to get it done in the 50 minutes, but I managed. Then I had CEL and we got the results back from our quiz. 83 out of 100; not too shabby. We're now taking about gender, and gender roles in Japan. I think this will be very interesting. For instance, I found out that it's the women that controls the money in the household, even though the man is the one that makes it! The man is given his weekly allowance by his wife, and is not expected to go over that amount; I wish it was like that in my family, xD. That is in the traditional model though, and with the way the economy is, for a lot of families it's not like that anymore.

Anyway, after class I waited around, talked with people, and withdrew my grocery money; hopefully I get some time tomorrow to do it. Koto was fun today. Charlie's been really sick, so didn't come, and other people didn't cause of study. So there were only 4 of us in the end, and the Japanese students. "Hanagoromo" is coming along. I've been all the way through a couple of times now; there are some tricky techniques that I need to practice more. Sensei will come in tomorrow and show us how to do it right. Got home and had dinner (lazy - cup noodles), and then studied a bit for tomorrow's speaking exam at 11; basically listening, and having to translate sentences using grammar from the three lessons we've done since the start of the course. Soooo much grammar; it's ridiculous. Oh well, it's all over tomorrow. Then my life goes back to being relatively normal once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment