Saturday 10 October 2009

Day 40 - 9th of October

セミナーハウス
天気:寒い
My lazy day led to an active night. I went to uni at 12 for my Japanese class. I love our teacher so much; he's so funny. He's always bringing props in. Today we were practicing 敬語 (keigo - honorific speech), and he played the role of the "arrogant" manager. He put on a fake moustache, and brought along a heap of other props. He would request things, and we'd have to humbly oblige. It was fun. We got our lesson tests back at the end of the class. I think I did pretty well; just a lot of little mistakes. After class, I went straight home, had lunch, completed my PC@LL stuff, and then had a nap. Later, I decided to create a spread sheet for my monthly expenses. In September, I ended up spending a grand total of 85,206円, which is about $1000, and that's including my holiday expenses. The biggest ongoing cost was food ($355), followed by transport ($128), which I expected. I really happy about that; now I just need to keep it up!

So after finishing that I had dinner. People were talking about going to karaoke, and since I had never been, I thought I'd take the opportunity. So it ended up being Diego, Jo, Katie, Carly, Ash, Eve and her friend from seminar house 4, and myself. We left for Makino at 8, and didn't return until 2 in the morning!!! Gosh, it was soooooo much fun! Basically, $10 gets you in for an unlimited time; well at least until 6am the next morning. I was a bit nervous at first, but it was great once I got into it; no one cares how you sing. Every one had their turns at songs, and we had a lot of group songs too. I was happy that I actually new most of the words, and could sing along, expect for the Japanese ones. Lol, after you complete the song it tells you how many calories you've burned. We believed it was calculated by how loud you sang into the mic. This was confirmed when it was Jo's turn; gosh she's got one healthy set of lungs on her. She belted the songs out, it was so funny. We had to keep telling her to hold the mic a little further back. All in all, it was a great experience and I can't wait to go again...

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe you've never been before! It's amazing isn't it? OMG. When I went three years ago, out of our whole school group, Sensei and I were the only two people who sang a Japanese song. lol XD
    omg I can't believe $10 gets you unlimited time! hfs! Over here it's like freaking $3 an hour per person at the least ... argh! xD

    And I say again, proof read your blogs before you post them xD some of your mistakes are hilarious lol

    ReplyDelete