Saturday 10 October 2009

Day 41 - 10th of October

10:35pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
I ended up staying in bed until 10, when I had to force my self up to have breakfast. After breakfast I did my laundry. Then I did some work on my research project; basically just writing down my goals and what exactly I wanted to research. It's a start. Since half the day was already over, I decided to leave Kuzuha mall for another day and instead went into Hirakata. I took a leap of faith and decided to go get my hair cut. I walk in to the 美容院 (biyouin - hairdressing salon), and was immediately shown to a seat. Mum, I apologise in advance; I got it cut short. You're gonna hate me sooooo much. I'm sorry, but it feels great, they thinned it out really well, and I still have a bit of a fringe.

So after my cut, I went to get it coloured on the floor above. I love Japanese people so much. The service is so amazing, and they are always mega polite. And basically, when they asked me a question I didn't understand, I just replied with はい (yes!!!). It got me through, and I'm so happy with the colour. On the chart, it didn't look like much, but they explained I'd have to get that, unless I wanted to bleach my hair white. So yeah, I was a little worried. After putting about five towels over my neck, little plastic bags over my ears, and a gel around my hair line (that prevented the colour coming in contact with my skin - very cool), they applied the colour. It was a very long process, but very well done. By the time he'd finished applying it (for almost 20 minutes I'd guess), it only took 10 more minutes to set; they wrapped it in plastic and then covered it with a towel. Then, I got it washed out and shampooed. Through the whole process my face was covered by a towel, and he must have washed it about 5 times.

Towel covering my hair, I was lead over to the mirror to the grand unveiling. I was amazed; it's so vibrant! The highlights look great, and the rest of my hair looks really warm. I'm so happy with it, and it was surprisingly cheap. Definitely cheaper than I would have gotten in Australia. So, very satisfied I walked out, being thanked by the all the staff as I left, and went over to the shopping centre; I was on the hunt for clothes. I'd seen these jeans before and really wanted them, and now that I had the money, I got them, and a shirt to go with. It was a very fruitful day. I came back, and found Diego and Jessica in the room. Soon after, Amber came knocking and said they were ordering pizza, and asked if we wanted some; we did. We ended up getting four pieces each (it was really nice, with brie cheese on it), and I made a salad to eat too. We had a card playing night, but only played for a couple of hours, as we would be getting up early in the morning; we're going into Osaka tomorrow. I love my new hair...

1 comment:

  1. Niiice!
    Photos of your hair, please! XD

    ReplyDelete