Thursday 29 October 2009

Day 60 - 29th of October

9:34pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
I'm starting to get used to long Thursdays. I didn't get much sleep last night, but I got up early nonetheless. After breakfast I had a shower, then made lunch for later (noodles and salad). It was actually pretty hot today; I want it to be cold already. We're now up to the second last chapter of Genki II - textbook for Japanese. I'll be sorry to say goodbye to the Genki series next semester; even though some of the explanations can be pretty confusing. After my classes, which were all very interesting (surprisingly), I went with Carly, Nadia, and Katie (different Katie), to go pay for the Hokkaido trip. It all went quite smoothly. There are five of us going; another guy (Edward) is joining us. At one point the travel agents were worried that I may have to get a guardians signature since I'm still technically a minor in Japan, but it wasn't needed in the end. So, now the flight and accommodation have all been payed for and I'm so excited; it's less than a month away!!!

After that, Carly and I walked back home, stopping by Shimamura and Avail on the way. She was looking for white tights to complete her Hello Kitty costume for Halloween. Unfortunately she was unsuccessful. As for me, I'm not really fussed with Halloween. We'll be going out that night to a restaurant in Hirakata called "The Hobbit", and then probably karaoke after that. I won't be getting dressed up though; I don't have a costume. Anyway, we came back to the dorm and noticed a flyer on the bulletin board. On the 7th of November, the Kansai Gaidai symphony orchestra will be preforming at the Uni; and it's free!!! I'm so there, and even more so because they'll be playing selections from Princess Mononoke. During koto practice I actually heard a trumpeter practicing the music from it; now I know what it's for. So that's next Saturday is taken care of.

Soon after getting back, I went grocery shopping with Carly, just for a few things I needed at Sanko. I made chicken parmigiana for dinner and it was so good; I was really pleased with myself. The sauce I got from Sanko was amazing. I used the whole bag; Diego thought it was too much, but not me. There were a lot of dishes, but it was totally worth it. I've had a quiet one tonight, Deigo's been working on his economics paper, and I've been doing, well, not much really; I actually ended up doing the homework due tomorrow yesterday. I've been munching on these amazing biscuits (coconut sable); they are so good. Deigo's almost done now. Hopefully I can sleep better tonight; I think I'll have a shower, that might help...

No comments:

Post a Comment