Wednesday 30 December 2009

Day 122 - 30th of December

10:14pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
Well today was a big lot of not much. Mind you, I only experienced half of it in waking hours; didn't get up till 12:40. I really can't do this anymore; I'm definitely going to get up at a regular time tomorrow. So what did I do today... well, basically as soon as I got up, I looked at the time, and though "I'm late for talking with family," so I quickly got Skype set up in the lounge; Ryan was still asleep. Talked with Mum and Ben mostly; Dad had to head out unfortunately. After an hour I had to eat, so I said goodbye and made lunch; avocado and rice on toast. It was really nice to get a really good avocado; I haven't had much luck with them for a while now. Anyway, ate and watched the ice skating; it was the champions' last performances, really cool. After that, spent the rest of the afternoon, uploading photos to deviant art, and reading Misfile (the webcomic).

Today, Jo came back from her trip to Hokkaido, but I didn't really get a chance to catch up with her because she was practically going back out the door; she's gone to Kyoto tonight, and will be there for New Years. We got each others contact details, so hopefully we can meet up tomorrow night sometime. I have a bit of an idea of what I want to do... For New Years Eve, there's a ritual called the 除夜の鐘 (joya no kane), involving the temple bell being rung 108 times, to purge humanity of the 108 Buddhist sins. I'd like to go the the 知恩院 (Chionin temple), which has the largest bell in Japan. Then, on New Years day, I want to go to Yasaka shrine for the 初詣 (hatsumode - first shrine visit of the year). It's only a short walk from Choinin. The biggest problem will be the fact that I'll be stranded there for the night, which I'm sure won't be that bad; there will be so much to do. So actually, the biggest problem will be having the energy to do it all.

Anyway, I saw Jo just before making dinner; yakisoba. I turned out really, really tasty tonight, and I don't know why. It wasn't as salty as it usually is. I guess I didn't put in as much soy sauce as I usually do, but it really didn't seem that way. Had some mandarin, came back down, and been talking with Alex. I went up a bit later and had some chocolate (thanks Nanny) and Milo; haven't done that in a long while. I'm really tired now (thanks to not doing anything today). I feel pretty bad about that. Well, I'm going to get up early tomorrow, make pancakes for breakfast, do my laundry, and maybe do some cleaning. Then get ready for Kyoto in the evening. Shower, then sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment