Sunday 7 March 2010

Day 188 - 6th of March

Justify Full

天気:雨天

As I went to bed so late, I didn’t end up getting up until just after 11, which I’ll admit was a bit of a stretch. It was a day of not very much to be honest… After getting up I put some washing on, and had breakfast and a shower in the mean time. Simon was in the kitchen, and he told me that he didn’t end up getting back into his room until 7:30 this morning; Okaasan woke him up in the lounge, when Otousan had to start the vacuuming. I talked with Rachel for a while, and then went to Ash and Katie’s room to check if we were still doing karaoke tonight. Ash was out, but Katie said they were definitely up for it, and we’d probably leave around 7:30-8. Since it was raining, I had to hang the washing inside, which was no problem with my trusty hanger. I got my blog up to date, and then it was time for food again. By this time it was almost 3, and I spent a while in the kitchen, talking with Rebecca and Cate, while watching Kabuki (or something of the like) on TV; it was quite entertaining. I let Sarah know when we’d be going to karaoke, and then went back downstairs, where I spent the rest of the afternoon studying; and thinking way too much about karaoke.


Soon enough though, it rolled around to 7 o’clock, which I decided was a good time to go up and make dinner; yay for packet pasta mix. I sat with Ash and Rachel, and we watched an animal show featuring a baby polar bear (cutest thing ever), and the old Japanese guy and his chimp; I remember seeing them in Reading and Writing last semester. There was another segment on, where they were doing an experiment with dogs to see how they would react when their owner disguised themselves. The problem was, that the owner then also completely ignored the dog, so the situation was different; flawed experiment. Anyway, we were all ready just after 7:30, and after watching a bit of Mulan in Japanese (Mushu just isn’t the same without Eddie Murphy), we made our way to Karaoke in Makino; luckily it wasn’t raining. When we got to the train crossing in Makino, we had to wait for 4 trains to pass; oh my gosh it took forever. Finally we got there, and were soon set up in a room.


I was really happy I got to try some new songs including Owl City’s “Firefly” (which was harder than I thought it would be), “Kaze ni naru” (the ending theme from The Cat Returns), and two of Within Temptation’s songs (adjusting for pitch – she has such an amazing range). Ash was of course eager to sing the Hetalia character songs, including the new one from Russia, which included Russian lyrics; the furigana above helped slightly. Rachel has a great voice, and I love listening to her sing; I’ve still got one of the songs she sang stuck in my head. Katie, bless her, likes to sing country music, much to Rachel’s, and my own despair. No it wasn’t that bad, especially considering how distracting the video clips are. Seriously though, some of the images are so inappropriate and out of context, and you have to put up with so many repeats. I guess it’s just like, “well that’s the same singer, let’s just use the same selection of videos”; it can get very annoying. Sarah is really good at creating harmony, and she and I would sing along to the others’ songs when we knew them; her more often than I. She also sang some Enya, which I could appreciate. It was a great night…

No comments:

Post a Comment