Sunday 28 March 2010

Day 209 - 27th of March

11:31pm セミナーハウス

天気:晴れ

I’ve just finished watching Totoro with Rachael, Rachel, Ash, and Katie. Julie came in about mid-way, and Rebecca and Jazz caught the last few minutes; such a good movie. Meanwhile in the computer room, Biancha and Yuji were practicing their manzai performance for tomorrow’s music party; it’s going to be great. I also got some koto practice in, so today was at least semi-productive… I got up at about 9:30, and for the first time all week, had cereal for breakfast; that was very satisfying. I spent the rest of the morning working on my blog, going to Sanko for groceries a bit after 12. After putting on some rice, I got my interview prepared; no I just have to find an interviewee. I met Rachel in the kitchen for lunch, and we sat for about 2 hours, catching up and hearing what each had done this part week; it sounds like she had a great time in Tokyo. She also gave me the name of the hostel she stayed at, and said it was really good; checking it out now, it looks like it is right in the centre of everything, and it’s reasonably close to the airport too.


After that, I spent some more time on my blog, and then had a good long practice on the koto. I decided I’m going to just play hanagoromo and sandan tomorrow; I think people will enjoy it no matter what I play anyway. Soon after that, it was time for dinner, and I decided to make stew; I had to use the last of the potatoes as they were starting to sprout. I let the stew cook for a while, sitting with Rachel and watching “The World’s Strongest Man” competition on TV; as you can imagine, it was all disgustingly bulky men doing things like pulling planes by their waists. At about 8:30, we went up to Ash and Katie’s room, with the intention of asking them if they wanted to watch a movie, and ended up getting completely side-tracked. We got comfy, and then just talked for an hour, before finally expressing our want to watch a movie. Rachel and I were good with anything, so when Ash suggested Totoro, it was perfect; Both Rach(a)els had never seen it before. I find it amazing that every time we watch a movie, there’s always at least one, or more often than not, two people who have never seen it; getting together like this is great for broadening people’s repertoire. Hugo’s just good back from his long day in Wakayama city in Wakayama prefecture, south of Osaka. Anyway, time for bed now; hopefully the weather stays fine, not that I’ll be doing much tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment