Wednesday 10 March 2010

Day 192 - 10th of March

10:37pm セミナーハウス

天気:曇り

Finally back on top of my blog. It’s been another cloudy day, and I’m really craving some decent, warm weather right now; it is spring after all! Anyway, I didn’t let the weather stop me from having a pretty good day... After getting ready in the morning, I spent a little bit of time studying for today’s vocab quiz in Speaking, and then got to uni. The quiz went fine, and we basically spent the rest of the time going over some more keigo grammar patterns; all stuff we’ve seen before. As usual, I went to the convenience store in the break to get a snack, and then sat with Henry, finishing my homework, and doing some reading for Gender and Sexuality. In Reading and Writing, we finished reading the story about the old wood cutter with the big lump on his cheek; we had to practice retelling parts of the story, which was fun. Then I went straight to the 4th floor, before realising I still had about 20 minutes before my next class. So what did I do; I went and bugged Rachel and Katie in their class (Monsters). It hadn’t started either, so we just talked for a while, and I found out that Katie still wasn’t enrolled in the course; she’d just been sitting in on it the entire time. Which means that, she’s been learning heaps, but doesn’t have to worry about exams, or assignments, or anything; I wish I could’ve done that. Ash and Rachel were going into Hirakatashi after class, so I decided I’d join; with that, I left.


Then it was straight on to Gender and Sexuality. Hester started off explaining mid terms; we have a take home exam, and an in-class quiz. I’m a little concerned about the exam; it needs to be 5-6 pages, and it’s due next Friday. I guess I’ll try not to do too much this weekend; wish me luck. Then he asked for some feedback from the people who went to Takarazuka and everyone had a really positive, enjoyable experience; including me. Then the rest of the class was spent going over OL (office ladies i.e. Japanese women in the workforce), a topic that I’ve already covered in his other course last semester; so it wasn’t anything new to me. Still, if it means that the quiz will be easier for me, I’m not about to complain. Getting out of the classroom, I walked over to monsters, and found that they were still watching a movie; a very gory and disturbing one at that. Finally, it was over and, after figuring out that they had a catch up class this afternoon that they didn’t actually have to go to (since it would be covered in monsters), Ash and Rachel were ready to go.


We walked down into Hirakatashi, which was pleasant apart from the cold, and made our way over to the Saty building. We were, of course, going to Animate on the 5th floor; both Ash and Rachel were looking for stuff. And when I got there, I couldn’t help buying some stuff. I got another FFXIII clear poster, and found the complete FFVII novel, “On the way to a smile”, in Japanese; Rachael had showed it to me before. So now I have something else to read. I also got an FF: Dissidia post card book, which is really, really cool; not bad for a day’s work. And not nearly as bad as Ash; she really is a compulsive shopper. That done, we had a short browse around the rest of the department store, and then headed out, and back towards uni; but not before a stop at Kiddy Land’s gachapon (again Ash). Getting to the uni, Rachel and Ash decided to continue on the Fresco to do some grocery shopping, so I bade them farewell and made my way home.


I was extremely hungry by this point; it was almost 5, and I hadn’t eaten since 11. So I made myself egg on toast, and felt very full afterwards. Getting back to my room, I skyped my family for a few hours, and got my homework done, finally feeling like eating again a bit after 8. When I got to the kitchen, I found Ash and Rachel, and decided I really wasn’t all that hungry, so I just sat with them and talked for about until 9. It was then, that I finally got up and made some dinner. I made yakisoba, even though I hadn’t defrosted any meat; my vegetables were going bad and I had to use them. Still, it tasted great, and as usual I have plenty left for another meal. I sat with Alvaro, Rebecca, Jeremy, and Chelsea, and we talked about Studio Ghibli, trips to Tokyo, and politics. Before leaving the kitchen I had a Milo, which was a sweat treat. I spotted Simon in the computer room, and caught up with him; we hadn’t had much of a conversation in a while. He told me about his getting lost on a bike ride for 7 hours on the weekend (typical), but said he’d found a shoe shop during that time. So hopefully on Friday, we’ll be going to check it out and finally by some shoes for the gym! So that’s been my day. Got mid-terms coming up next week, and then it’s spring break; it’s all going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment