Monday 29 March 2010

Day 211 - 29th of March

10:18pm セミナーハウス

天気:曇り

Well, spring breaks over now, and once again, it’s time to get back into the routine that is university. Today’s weather was far for routine however. It went from sunny, to rain, to sunny, to sheet, to cloudy, to snow, back to sunny, rainy, and finally cloudy. The only thing that remained regular was the cold; I want warm weather already!!! Anyway, today was pretty lax; didn’t exactly get dropped into the deep end… going to uni this morning, I realised I hadn’t ridden my bike for over a week; I missed it. I got to Speaking just in time, and after Saigo sensei explained what our next presentation would entail, we basically spent the rest of the lesson talking about spring break. And, we also got our mid-term exams back; I was happy enough with my grade. In the hour break, I got productive writing out postcards, after buying a new pen from the convenience store. I sat with Sarah, Katie, and Rachel in the lounge, and only ended up getting two finished, since one was in Japanese; I realised that I could fit a lot more in when I wrote in Japanese.


In Reading and Writing, We also talked about our spring breaks, and then did a bit of kanji revision, before finally getting our results back from mid-terms; also pretty happy with my grades. To end the lesson, we watched La Maison en Petits Cubes, or つみきのいえ (Tsumiki no ie – “the house of small cubes). It’s a Japanese animated short film that won an academy award in 2008; I remember reading about it in Japanese back at USC. It was cool to finally be able to see it, and it was a very moving, beautiful short; only went for 12 minutes. After class, I went back down the lounge and sat with Sarah, finishing my postcards. That done, I rode to the post office and sent them on their way, and then went grocery shopping; oh, and did I mention it was also very windy today. Getting back home, I unpacked my groceries and then had lunch. Last week Rachel let me try some of the fried squid (kind of like calamari) she had bought from Fresco, so when I saw it today, I decided to get some; had it on rice for lunch.


After that, I put some washing on, and then read some more of Reborn. Half an hour later, I put the washing out, and then went to the gym. I felt good getting back into it, and I spent a good hour there. Getting back, I was able to get in contact with dad over skype, except his microphone wasn’t working, so I could only see him and try to read his lips; not really, he just typed. So, hopefully I’ll be talking with mum tomorrow, to find out what happened on Sunday. After that, I did my reading for Relgion, and then had a nap, getting up when Hugo returned at about 6:20. I uploaded some more photos to facebook, and then went up to make dinner. I used the rest of the fried squid in the yakisoba, and it turned out really well; I also had to use the rest of the lettuce, since it was getting old. At 8, a bunch of us went down to the lounge to watch “The Prince of Egypt” to celebrate Passover, since Rebecca, Brett, and Simon are Jewish; although Simon didn’t end up watching the movie. Yuji and Natchan were also among the viewers, and I think it would have been pretty interesting and informative for them. It was so funny – Natchan fell off her chair, and Yuji promptly piped up with “Moses, save me”; best call ever!!! Since I hadn’t seen the movie in ages, I really enjoyed; the music and songs are so beautiful. Well, guess it’s time for bed now; more uni in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment