Wednesday 17 March 2010

Day 199 - 17th of March

10:53pm セミナーハウス

天気:晴れ

It seems as though the weather’s finally cleared up; darn, I’ve probably just gone and jinxed it now. Anyway, while it was a nice day, I spent most of it couped up indoors, working relentlessly (somewhat) on my essay for Gender and Sexuality. I’m over the halfway point so I’m happy; that’s what I wanted to achieve by tonight… This morning, I got up around 9, and had some vegemite on toast for breakfast; I finally took the two slices of bread that Simon owed me. Then I studied for my Gender and Sexuality quiz, while simultaneously looking of more quotes to use in my essay; killing two birds with one stone. Finally, when it was time to get to uni, I rugged up despite the sunny weather; it’s still a bit nippy. In Reading and Writing class we got our sakubun back and there was unfortunately quite a bit of red; so many little mistakes. So now, as part of assessment, we have to rewrite it and correct the errors to gain up to an extra 10 points; something to look forward to over spring break. After Reading and Writing, I went straight up to Gender and Sexuality, and waited around until class started. The quiz turned out to be (as expected), quite easy, and there were even some questions on there I remembered from last semester in Cultural and Everyday Life; cross-over much. Well, it’s good for me I guess.


I think I finished in about 30 minutes, and upon turning it in, I got the refund from the Takarazuka trip; score. Then I made my way to my bike, and went to do some grocery shopping at Kirindo and Fresco. Getting back home, I had lunch, and watched some more sumo on TV. While I thought it would be fun to go see a tournament in person, I actually think it would get a bit boring after a while; I'm happy to just watch it on TV. After lunch, I got stuck into the essay, having little breaks periodically. I went up for dinner at around 7, and had my defrosted stew. Spongebob Squarepants was on the TV, the Japanese dub kind of failing; it was funny to watch though. I was very good tonight, and excused myself from the conversation at a sensible time, to get back to my essay. I really wish I didn’t procrastinate so much, but I think I’m getting through it at a good pace; I should, no, I will get it done by tomorrow night. Tomorrow at 11, I have my mid-term exam for Speaking, which I studied for over the weekend, and I can study some more for in the morning; I think I’ll be fine. Three days down, two to go; it feels good to be past the halfway mark… Oh and Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment