Sunday 28 March 2010

Day 207 - 25th of March

10:37pm セミナーハウス

天気:雨天

Well, the rain has finally eased off, though it’s still pretty cold. I put off grocery shopping for yet another day, but it’s getting to the point that I have to go; tomorrow for sure… Today was another late start; I didn’t get up till 11:30. I finished off the biscuits Nanny sent me for breakfast (they were just too good to last), and then got stuck into rewriting my sakubun for error correction. I got about a quarter of the way through, before Hugo told me he was going to watch “Pretty Woman” on his laptop. Since I’d never seen it, I thought why not; turned out to be a really good movie. About halfway through Rachael knocked on the door and asked if I wanted to go down to Hirakatashi, and I told her I would after the movie. True to my word, as soon as the movie finished, I went up to her room to collect her, and we were soon making our way into Hirakata by bus; it was still raining at this point.


Getting to the station, we first found an ATM for Rachael, and then went into the nearby Tsutaya; Rachael was looking for the Yoshida Brothers CDs. After a while of searching, and no luck, we asked at the counter and were promptly shown where they were; in the 演歌 (enka – traditional Japanese music) section. I decided I wanted to start reading manga, and asked Rachael what she would recommend. She came up with 家庭教師ヒットマンREBORN! (katei kyoushi hittoman ribon – lit. “Home tutor hitman reborn), which she’s already told me quite a lot about; she’s been reading the scanlations online. The plot revolves around the life of a young boy named Tsunayoshi Sawada, who finds out that he is the next in line to become the boss of the most powerful Mafia organization, the Vongola Family. As such, the Vongola's most powerful hitman, a gun-toting infant named Reborn, is sent to tutor "Tsuna" on how to become a respectable boss; sounds cool right.


So I purchased volume 1, hopeful that I’ll get some time to be able to read it. I have made a bit of a start on it already, and so far it’s been pretty easy going; there are words here and there that I don’t know. It’s definitely a lot easier than Deltora Quest, so hopefully I can get through it relatively quickly. Anyway, after Tsutaya, we went to Makkas for lunch, and then went into the Saty building to Animate. As usual, I couldn’t help buying a few things, although I wasn’t nearly as bad as Rachael. After that, we had a quick look around Book Off, and then made our way back home; it was an enjoyable afternoon out. Rachael wanted to have a go playing the koto, and since I needed to practice anyway, after we got back, I asked Okaasan if I could borrow the koto (of course she let me), and we set it up in the lounge. It took me ages, but eventually I got it in tune, and then Okaasan brought in some of her sheet music. She let me play it for a while, and then wanted to give it a go herself.


After a while of struggling through it, Okaasan resigned and went to have dinner, leaving Rachael and I to play. I wanted to tune it for Requiem for a Dream, and this turned out to be more trouble than it was worth. In the end it was futile, and I decided that it really wasn’t suited for the koto; so now I’m back to square one. I’m actually feeling a bit out of practice to be honest; I haven’t really played for over a month. I seriously don’t know what I want to play for Sunday anymore; maybe I’ll just wing it. After putting the koto back, I went around the corner to the Okonomiyaki place, and had dinner with Simon, who isn’t feeling too good at the moment; he’s a bit sick. He did enjoy the meal though, as did I. I had モダーン焼き (Modern yaki), which is basically okonomiyaki with soba noodles on the inside; really nice. It was almost 9 when we got back, and I got stuck into my sakubun as soon as I got settled; I also got stuck into a toblerone bar mum sent me! With that out of the way, all I have to do now is interview someone for Religion class; I’ll come up with some questions tomorrow. Also tomorrow, I’m hopefully going with the gang to a geisha dance in Kyoto; hopefully the weather will have improved…

No comments:

Post a Comment