Saturday 19 September 2009

Day 21 - 19th of September

10:33pm セミナーハウス
天気:暑い
Diego left Tokyo this morning at about 8:30. He's going to have such I great time! I sent him on his way then readied myself for the day (yay for rhyme). I washed all my clothes (pretty much), including my new ones. Had breakfast, the last of the cereal, and started to prepare for the open campus day tomorrow, where I'll be introducing USC to a bunch of high school students. I got a power point presentation from Liani, that effectively showcases the uni. I've also decided to make another slide show to showcase the area, the Sunshine Coast, using a number of photos I've taken. I want the students to know exactly where we are, so I have to make a lasting impression.

At 12:30, I made my way to Gaidai for the INFES (International Festival) meeting. Student run; gosh, they are so unorganised. Eventually we all got put into the booth we wanted; I chose singing, not really knowing what to expect. The other booths were, World (introduce your country), Dancing, Food, and Fashion Parade (where you show off your countries traditional clothing). Singing seemed the best option for me, since I hadn't brought anything Aussie with me. Anyway, we all got ushered into a lecture room, and introduced to our respective Japanese booth members. We then past the time by answering true or false, to a too easy quiz, while eating junk food; the prize was junk food also.

After that we went outside, able to choose between two activities; basketball, or jump rope. We chose jump rope!!! Oh my gosh, I almost died, lolz. Seriously though, it's very physical, especially when I decided it would be a good idea to do tuck jumps like we do in Karate. Well, I didn't really decide that, it just kinda worked out that way; Karate training really paid off. We tried adamantly to get everyone jumping at once; there were about 7 of us. We managed to achieve that a couple of times. Lol, some of the girls were in high heels, and they still managed to do it. Well, a few of them did take the shoes off. After that, we were absolutely stuffed. One of the guys in our group inquired as to what we'd actually be doing at the festival. I had assumed that we'd all be singing a Japanese song together. I was wrong. Turns out that each of us has to choose a Japanese song to sing; solo. But get this, the Japanese students are just there to help; it's just us international students that will be singing.

So yeah, now I have to think of a Japanese song to sing. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Mostly though, this is going to be a lot of fun, and I'm not going to worry about it right now. The festival's not until 21st of November (I think). Anyway, I walked back home with Bianca, who told me all about her wild night last night, clubbing with a bunch of other people from the seminar houses. Unfortunately, now that she's spent the money on that, she has no money left to do anything else this weekend; it's a shame.

It's a bit weird being here alone now. Nice change though, I suppose. I managed to get my PC@LL homework done. Basically I had to dictate sentences out of the textbook. Sensei presumably marks us on our speaking ability and pronunciation; I did okay I guess. Sometimes I left a bit too much of a pause, but I wasn't about to go and record the whole thing again. I'm glad that's out of the way; one less thing to worry about when I come back on Wednesday. Man, I've been so hungry. After my dinner of noddles in broth, and salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and carrot at 6:30, I was still hungry later on. I ended up eating two mochi and three slices of toast with blueberry jam. It's okay though, 'cause I kinda have to finish off the bread before I leave, otherwise it'll just end up being moldy when I get back. Got just enough food for tomorrow and Monday lunch, so I'm totally fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment