Thursday 17 September 2009

Day 19 - 17th of September

9:45pm セミナーハウス
天気;暑い
Thursdays; all four classes one after another. By my history class, I'm pretty out of it, lolz. At least I got to eat between each class; that made me happy. Gotta start thinking about my assignments. Got a "mini -project "for culture and everyday life, where I have to interview Japanese people about a particular topic surrounding Japanese life, that I can hopefully generate some interesting opinions from, and then present my findings. For history I have to do a biographical essay on an individual who died before 1868, lol. 1868 basically signifies the end of ancient history, and the start of modern history, with the Meiji restoration. So far I don't really know what I want to do for either of them, but I'll come up with something over the weekend when I'm not having fun.

Coming back to the dorm at about 4:00, I noticed that "Back to the Future Part II" was on, so I sat down to watch it. It had Japanese subtitles, which were cool to read. I had a pretty early dinner, then a bunch of us watched "The Forbidden Kingdom" in the lounge ...

10:52 pm
It was Otousan's birthday on Monday, so one of the girls decided to make a cake for him. Just then we were all in the lounge, singing happy birthday for him. Our caretakers are really cool. He told us he's now 61! He really appreciated it, and joked that he loves us all, but he loves his wife more, xD. I managed to get a tiny bit of cake; it was really yummy. But, my hunger was still unsatisfied, so I made myself a piece of toast in the kitchen! Don't have my (one) class until 12, so I can afford to sleep in. I'm gonna have to wash my clothes in the morning though.

No comments:

Post a Comment