Thursday 3 September 2009

Day 3 - 1st of Septemeber

8:19am セミナーハウス
天気: 暑い
I'm here waiting around. The shops don't open 'til 9am so I'm gonna get going at 8:30. I think I'll go to "Top World" again. But I should try the 99円 store first. Jut gotta remember to get back in time to have my breakfast, and then go out again to the uni for 10:30. Hopefully I can make it!!!

10:11am 関西外大
Here I am in the multimedia room waiting for the Japanese placement test to commence. I have no idea how I will go, but wherever I get placed, it'll be the right thing. You only know what you know. I've probably forgotten heaps though, especially kanji. Whoops!!! Oh well, lolz. There people behind me are having a heated discussion about kanji. It's pretty full in here. About to start. 頑張って。。。



5:30pm セミナーハウス
Back in the dorm. Had a big day at uni; got a lot done. The Japanese placement test was so crazy. I think I went okay. After that I went to lunch at McDonalds. Got a Big Mac, fries and grape fanta (no orange fanta here). I think the taste was slightly better than what it is in Australia. It's a bit more costly than the cafeteria though, so I won't be having it too often. After that I went to the PC@LL session. It's a really cool system that allows you to listen to all the lessons covered in the course, and record your voice for practice and homework submission.

Then, I went to the banking session. That was really helpful; I wouldn't have been able to fill out the forms otherwise. Unfortunately I hadn't been able to copy pages of my passport because the photocopier downstairs was broken. It seemed that everyone else hadn't done this either. After filling in the forms, there was already a huge line up at the copier apparently fixed. I decided to go see Seimu who was in the student lounge. He is reading "The Catcher in the Rye" in English for homework at the moment. He was kind enough to wait around with me while I rushed around trying to get the passport copied. I ended up in the book shop above the convenience store, which I hadn't known about before (so that was a plus; finding where to but my textbooks). Finally got back to the room and completed the bank process, making a new friend along the way (Christina). Seimu was happy because he got to use his English, talking with all the international students.

Phew!!! So, after that, I went to the Shomubu office to pay my fees, Seimu in tow. The guy at the counter didn't like what he saw when I showed him the international draft. I ended up having to go back to the CIE (Centre for International Education) to get it sorted out. While talking to the lady, I found out that I would have to do more courses than just the Japanese language. I've sent a hasty email to Donna and Liani, so I'll just wait and see what they think. It'll be interesting to try some more courses, but it's a bummer that they probs won't count towards my degree. Might better my career opportunities though.

Anyway, after that I made I made my way back to the dorm, leaving Seimu with Christina. I went to "Top World" (as it wasn't open when I went in the morning), and got a spoon, fork, and bowl, oh, and some face wash. Then I went to the clothes shop across from the library near the seminar houses called "Avail". OMG I was so tempted to buy things. So many awesome clothes xD. I resisted though. Ended up just buying an umbrella and pillow. It's weird that every shop I've been in so far has played English songs continuously (old and new). Okay that's enough about today...

No comments:

Post a Comment