Thursday 3 September 2009

Day 1 - 30th of August

関西国際空港
Plane trip was long and pretty uneventful. Watched "Yes man" in Japanese. That was cool. Tried to sleep but couldn't. Got off the plane and was like, "Okay, what next?" I followed the crowd and finally got through customs and got my baggage; It was all good. Decided to try to ring my parents on my mobile but that didn't work. Freaked me out a bit. But when I texted it worked. Phew! Hung around for a bit , got my ticket for limousine bus, and got on...

8:22 pm 大阪
天気:曇り
Well, I'm finally in Japan. It seems so surreal; a land of make believe. I'm on the limousine bus, heading toward Hirakata station. We're on this huge highway that spans over the entire city of Osaka; well, it seems like that anyway. I don't know when it will sink in, that I'm here, in the real world, but for now, I'm just enjoying the ride ....

8:30 pm 大阪
The city is an expanse of foreverness. The sky is not black, it's grey. I'm not sure if I'd be able to see any stars in the sky. This is it. There's no turning back. This is my first night in transition from the mundane to the exotic. I don't know what tomorrow will bring; I will take each day as it comes. The thought of coming here in the pursuit of education seems ludicrous at this point; I am just so wrapped up in the moment, the experience, the feeling. It's indescribable. It is the strangest thing, not knowing what you will do next. I mean, I have things planned out in my head, but they don't mean much. I have know idea what's around the corner, and it scares me a bit. I guess I'll just have to adapt.

So while I sit here on the limousine bus, which has it's own toilet, across from my new friend Peter, who has come from Sydney in the hope of finding a job teaching English, I find myself lost. But not in a bad way. I guess this is how it feels to be outside ones comfort zone; it's weird. My next mission; get to Seminar House II before 11pm when it closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment