Monday 7 September 2009

Day 9 - 7th of September

2:50pm 関西外大
天気: 蒸し暑い;曇り
Here I am, talking with Georg, eating an icecream after presenting my gift to the Dean of the CIE, Hajime Yamamoto!!! I went into the CIE office and met with Yuka, whom I had talked to yesterday about the university's open campus day. When I unwrapped the frame, I realised that the stand had broken off the back :O!!! She took me into the Dean's office, and after a short exchange, some praise (he said it looked professional xD) and a hand shake I left. Hopefully they will be able to hang it up somehow. I'm really happy that they appreciated it.

5:39pm セミナーハウス
Back at the seminar house after a hot, but interesting day. After washing my whites, and having blueberry jam on toast for lunch (the consistency of the jam is really runny; no preservatives YAY), I went the "short-cut" way to uni, through a residential area. It's so nice to see the traditional, tiled-roof houses. As I walked by the open gates, I caught glimpses of beautifully manicured gardens. There is also a shrine with a park; swings and slide. They are doing construstion on it at the moment.



After buying a notebook, I had my first class at 1pm: Culture and Everyday Life in Japan. It's a social science course, and since I've never studies social science, it should be very interesting. There are 3 other Australian's in the class; two from the same uni in Brisbane. Lol, I'm really noticing that I have no accent. It's good though. We have already been informed of two festivals coming up; one is an official field trip!!! I'm really looking forward to this xD.

So after class finished at 2:20 (long classes), I went downstairs to the CIE lounge to the club meeting. It was packed and they didn't have all the clubs there; no koto. So yeah, that reminds me, I'm going to send them an email. So I went to present my gift, then talked to Diego and Jessica, before seeing them off to class. I walked back home (lol I'm already referring to it as home), stopping at the grocery stores and 99円 store for supplies. YAY, I'm having scrambled eggs tonight. I also had to buy a drying-up cloth.

Yesterday, the Resident Assistants (Japanese students staying at the dorms and helping out), cleverly devised a rooster for us. To me, it seems a little extreme. It comprises of a group system, in which each group has a different job or activity, which is rotated each week. I'm in group D, and this week is "study". The other activities are, cleaning the kitchen, "having a good time", 銭湯 (public bath), and sleeping LOL. I don't know how strictly it will be enforced, but I guess it seems reasonable enough (except for the sleeping one). Anyway, Diego's back now, and I'm going to make ma dinner...
7:29pm
Yay, I made scrambled eggs. It was really nice xD. Made some for Diego too. He payed me back by washing the dishes, lolz. And I still have enough ingredients to make another serving tomorrow. The bread here, is really thick, but it's yummy. I'm full after just two slices. Anyway, I have my first Japanese classes tomorrow. A girl from my dorm, Joanna, is in the same classes, so that's one person I know, xD. I'm sure I'll know lots of other people there. Then again, there are quite a number of different classes and levels of competency.

No comments:

Post a Comment