Friday 18 September 2009

Day 20 - 18th of Septemeber

6:20 pm セミナーハウス
天気:涼しい
Today, was a good day. After my 12 o'clock class, I went to get some money out of the ATM. Wow, I made my first online accommodation booking last night. Yes - Alex and I have decided where to go. We 're staying at 木もれび (Komorebi), in 雄琴 (Ogoto) near the city of Otsu at the edge of Lake Biwa (http://www.komolebi.jp/guestroom.html)!!! It's an 温泉 (onsen - hot spring) resort. So yeah, we're staying in a twin room, breakfast included, for two nights (Monday - Tuesday). It was the last room available on those nights, so I think it was meant to be. It's going to be so awesome. Now back to today ...

I wanted to check out an electronics store some people had recommended called "Midori". I didn't know exactly where it was, but it turned out to be really easy to find; just kept on walking down the road past Top World. Getting there, there was traffic control everywhere. Midori has just opened, and it's obviously very popular. The amount of cars going in and out was astounding. Pedestrians are ushered along, or brought to a halt by traffic cops, while they attempt to keep the flow of traffic as smooth as possible. Up the escalators I went, after receiving handouts from several of the store clerks, into a vast, bright room. It was huge, and white, with mirrors that created the illusion of being even bigger. Guess were I went first; hair straightener!!! I know, it's silly, but I had to have one; good price too. So after finding the one I liked, I browsed around a bit; they have everything. Then I went downstairs to the grocery department, bought some more washing powder and some body wash (aloe vera), xD. WOW, it was packed in the food section; the prices were really good though.

After leaving Midori, I walked all the way back to Avail (the clothes shop near the seminar houses). I finally got that shirt, along with some jeans, and scandals! I must have spent about an hour in there. I couldn't help myself; most items were reduced. Came back to the dorm, and tried out my straightener; works great. Diego came back soon after, and I told him about Midori. He decided he wanted to take a look, today. So we walked all the way over there, and looked around (again for me, lol). He didn't end up buying anything, but then I showed him downstairs, and almost immediately he wanted to look for mochi. 餅 (mochi) is a Japanese rice cake, made from glutinous rice and pounded into paste. This particular type is a sweet (I think it's filled with red bean paste). I haven't had too much of it, but it's now Diego's favourite snack. We found these really nice pink coloured ones, loved them, and went back in for more. Thoroughly satisfied, we made our way back to the dorm.

9:09 pm セミナーハウス
Oh my gosh!!! I just got an email from the innkeeper saying that it is overbooked!!! Luckily, he's given us a room in another inn (湯元館 - Yumotokan), which is right next to Komorebi (http://www.yumotokan.co.jp/world/english/guestroom/). * Huge sigh of relief *. .. I consider myself very lucky this point. The rate's the same, and we will still be able to enjoy the hot springs. So, it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment