Wednesday 16 September 2009

Day 18 - 16th of September

9:30pm セミナーハウス
天気: 暑い
Today, after my classes in the morning I managed to meet up with Dan, at 3:30. We went and sat in the CIE lounge with a group of people that continued to multiply and mutate as the time went by. We had Seimu and his friend Akira; Nauto and Mai (I think that's right), whom I hadn't previously met; Christina and Christa; a friend of Mai's; two other friends of Akira; Amber and her Japanese friend; then two other Korean guys, xD. Yeah it was fun. Ended up talking for about 3 hours about lots of random stuff. Then as everyone started to dissipate, Dan asked me if I'd like to go back to his place to play his piano. I was dying to play so I said sure.

Saying goodbye to everyone, it was only about 5 minutes walk to his place. He lives on the forth floor of and apartment building; gosh the stairs are steep it's almost like climbing a ladder. His place is (amazingly) smaller than my dorm room; tiny kitchen, bathroom, and living/sleeping room. He still manages to fit a sizable electric piano. He was really excited to hear me play, but I think I gave him the wrong impression. I felt kinda awkward, cause really I'm not very good. Then he started to play, and array of different classical pieces, and that made me feel worse. He was so good, and when I told him that he of course, in the Japanese manner, modestly disagreed. So yeah, we played for a while, and spoke a little, and then he asked if I'd had enough, and I said yes... He offered to give me a ride home on his motorbike. WOW!!! That was fun, and a bit scary at the same time. Don't worry, we both had helmets on and he seems an experienced and cautious driver. We drove past Top World and I realised from all the lights, cars, and activity that it was open again. Obviously it wasn't a major renovation.

Getting back, and feeling hungry, I had dinner (rice, eggs, and salad), and talked with people for a while. Everyone was discussing there plans for Silver Week (5 day weekend 19th-23rd; just in case I haven't already explained that). I seems as though people want to get a big group thing together; hopefully it works out for them. Since I have the open campus day on Sunday, I can't really get going anywhere until Monday. I'm hoping to meet up with Alex, in the middle somewhere. We're looking at places near 琵琶湖 (Biwako - Lake Biwa) at the moment. Everything is so expensive when it comes to transport and accommodation. I'm going to try really hard to find something that is really bare minimum. All we need is a place to sleep; we'll be out all day! People were going to the sentou tonight, and I really wanted to go, but declined; I have a lot of reading to do, so I'd better get to it.

1 comment:

  1. "I felt kinda awkward, cause really I'm not very good."

    STOP SAYING THINGS LIKE THAT! It's not that hard!!! The more you say it, the less faith you'll have in yourself, and the less faith you have in yourself, the less you'll grow and learn! So STOP putting yourself down!!!

    I'm dead serious.

    ReplyDelete