Sunday 1 November 2009

Day 63 - 1st of November

10:51pm セミナーハウス
天気;雨天
I didn't loose my key!!! Oh my gosh, I felt so silly. As soon as I had done explaining the situation to Otousan this morning, I went up to the kitchen for breakfast, and as soon as I walked in, I saw the key hanging in my cupboard keyhole! I grabbed it and immediately run down to Otousan to tell him it was okay. The crazy thing is I didn't even notice it last night, and I was up there making toast. I was so relieved; I munched on my pancakes happily. I spent the majority of the morning getting my blog up to speed, talking with Mum and working on my presentation. Nanny and Poppy came over in the afternoon, and I got to talk with them a bit, before having lunch and going out to meet Naomi in Hirakata.

We met up easily enough (she was waiting by the buses). She took me to a karaoke place on the 6th floor of the building across from the bus terminal. I had to become a member (only cost 200円), then we got a drink and went in. It was a little awkward, but I got practice done, and had a fun singing with her. Now I know what the song is called 「栄光の架橋」 (Eikou no Kakehashi - bridge of glory) by Yuzu. It's a very nice song, but quite high in parts. I know I'll be able to do it though. We spent about an hour and a half there, and then went our separate ways home. Stepping out of the bus, I noticed that Avail was having a sale, and I couldn't help myself; I had to go in. I spend almost an hour in there, and came out with another pair of overalls, a sweater and a pair of socks. I wanted to buy some shirts, but the problem was they were too tight and short in the arms; I tried M and L. The sweater I bought was XL!!! It fits perfectly; too bad they didn't have shirts in this size.

It was still pouring with rain when I came out, as it had been since noon. Diego and Jess were back in the room, and I told them about the sale; they went there for a while before Jess had to go home. Diego returned, empty-handed. I started making dinner at about 6:30; stew. I turned out wonderfully, and I have two more servings left in the freezer. I watched this really cool show on TV, while eating dinner. It was like the Japanese version of Mythbusters. We could get the gist of what was going on. They made a sakura tree bloom in fall; they made a boat out of compacted salt and tried to row to an off shore island (that failed); and they made a camouflage suit out of glass (that was really cool). After the show, I studied with Amber for a while, then come back down to my room. I think it's time for sleep now, since I have early class tomorrow. Overall a nice beginning to a new month.

No comments:

Post a Comment