Monday 16 November 2009

Day 78 - 16th of November

10:09pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
Well at least it stopped raining; but it was still so cold. Carly said it was 12 today, and expected to be 7 tomorrow!!! I guess I have to get used to it; Hokkaido in less than two weeks. Speaking of two things, I got two separate letters from Nanny and Poppy today. Well... one's a letter, and the other's a card, which I'm not going to look at till my birthday. Speaking of birthday's, it was Carly's today; turned 20. But more on that later. We've just finished our presentations in Japanese speaking, and now we're already going on to preparing a skit. I'm working with a girl in my class who I can't remember the name of, since we all refer to each other by our last names in class; kinda annoying. Anyway, the scenario is this: She's the single Mum who's at work all the time, and I'm the only child who is lonely and has become obsessed with video games and the like as a result. She's going to get up me for not doing more around the house, then I'm going get up her for never being there and so on. That's what we've got so far, and we're going to try to make it as funny and enjoyable as possible.

After class I went with Jo (who incidentally won a shirt for having the best presentation in the class today) to Floresta for our usual study session. I ordered a cinnamon donut today, which was very tasty indeed. Study was particularly important today since we had a lesson test for reading and writing. It actually wasn't that bad; I felt very confident about it. After that was CEL; we talked about urban life in Japan, how cities are structured in terms of levels of organisation, and touched on religion. I was starving afterwards, so had lunch, and wrote Carly a poem for her birthday. We were supposed to be going out tonight in a group to karaoke, so I left Koto a bit early. When I got back though, Carly said it wasn't happening cause she didn't feel up to it, and a lot of people were busy studying. We had a little celebration in the kitchen though; that was fun. Hopefully we can go out and do something on my birthday. Bleh, another cold day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment