Thursday 5 November 2009

Day 67 - 5th of November

9:22pm セミナーハウス 
天気:曇り
Woke up this morning feeling terrible. I got hardly any sleep; the cold developed and I had a mosquito buzzing around my head - at one point it flew in my nose and let me tell you, that was not pleasant. I was seriously considering not going to uni today, but after a nap this morning, I felt a little better and decided to go for it. I made a packed lunch of scrambled eggs on toast, and went on my way. It was a bit warmer with little wind today, which was very nice. Uni was... very long today. But I got through it, sneezing all the way. I returned home at about 4:30 to find Diego and a guy from Dell, fixing his laptop; the hinges had snapped and the keyboard was stuffed. To our surprise, and confusion, a huge box turned up with all the parts this morning - it seemed a little excessive. But it all turned out fine, although now Diego has extra parts that have to be picked up on Monday.

Soon after, Diego had a nap, and I worked on my Japanese presentation; almost done. We had our monthly seminar house meeting and got information about checking out procedures. I found out that even though I'm staying for the winter, I still have to check out and then check back in again. It seems a bit silly to me, but that's the way it is. I should be able to stay in the same room though, which is cool. I had a large plate of yakisoba (noodles) with heaps of vegetables; and garlic and onion of course. I really want to get rid of this cold. Hopefully this is my worst day, and I'll start recovering tomorrow. I'll get my presentation done, and then I can start gathering books from the library on Murasaki Shikibu (for my history biographical essay). I'm gonna get to sleep now. Hopefully I can get a few more hours in than last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment