Monday 2 November 2009

Day 64 - 2nd of November

10:02pm セミナーハウス
天気:寒い
9 o'clock class; always a joy. Nah, it's not that bad. In my break, I paid my insurance, and had lunch; katsudon as usual. Caught up with Charlie, and talked for a bit. He's finally better, so could come to koto club. I had a kanji quiz in Reading and Writing, and then in CEL we had a pretty interesting discussion about Japanese women in the workplace. After class, I met Peter and we went over to the club building where they keep a baby grand piano. A guy was already there, playing music from Final Fantasy incidentally. I never did catch his name, but he was really good. And there with him was Dan, whom I haven't seen in almost 2 months. He told me he's been very busy with uni and his part-time job; we didn't really talk much. He left soon after with his friends. I'm kinda disappointed that we haven't gotten on better but, not much I can do. Anyway, Peter, the other guy, and I took turns playing; I found it so hard to play without the sheet music. The guy told me where I might be able to find some; in Shinsaibashi.

After playing, I went to koto club. Charlie brought all the things he had made in his ceramic classes, and gave me one of them as a present! It's a beautiful blue glazed dish; so cool. He had a lot of catch up to do in terms of practice; most of us have gotten through the whole piece. And as usual, he had to leave early to participate in his okaasan's tea ceremony. Since tomorrow's a national holiday (文化の日 - Bunka no hi - Culture day) there won't be any koto club. Next week though, we have to have our kimono's because the sensei is coming to teach us how to wear them. So, Mark, Justin, Sean, Charlie and I are going to Kyoto on Sunday to buy them. It's going to be fun. Today I realised just how close the international festival is; just 3 weeks! I'm freaking out a little to be honest.

Walking back from koto, it was absolutely freezing (10 degrees it said on the forecast tonight). I went to Kirindo and Fresco to pick up a couple of things and then took to bus home; I wasn't about to die of pneumonia, lol. And it started to rain too, so it was lucky I did, cause I didn't bring an umbrella. I was happy to get home; it was warm inside. It was past 9 by the time I ate (mince and pasta dish). It was our week again for kitchen duty, and Diego took it upon himself to clean for both of us since I was eating; I think that's the cleanest I've seen the kitchen. Anyway, tomorrow, holiday. I'm not going to do much though. I seriously need to get assignments done, and study. It'll be a nice quiet day inside, all warm and snugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment