Tuesday 10 November 2009

Day 72 - 10th of November

11:00pm セミナーハウス
天気:雨天
I slept in later than I wanted to, but oh well. Got to Sanko at 10 and bought what I needed for the week; I'm going to try an udon and tofu dish this week. Got to uni at 12, and had an easy Japanese lesson listening to presentations. Had lunch with Carly and met Edward for the first time. At 2 we went to the history classroom and waited around till class. We're in the 13th century now, when to Mongols invaded, and the lord - vassal system began to collapse. After class I went to pick up my box. I'd actually received it yesterday but, since I was already carrying around my kimono, I didn't want to carry the box too, especially since the note said size: large! And it was large; I was surprised. I was thinking, "What have my parents put in here?" I invited Carly to come and watch koto, and before it started we opened the box; lots of food. Yay for food. Of course, other great goodies too. My Nanny made me a beanie; so happy. I'm going to wear it in Hokkaido for sure.

Koto was really good. The Sensei came a little later than usual, but we got to have a really good session with her. We played (and sung) Sakura first, then, those who could (Sean, Mark, Charlie and I), went all the way through Hanagoromo. We played so slowly; it actually made it harder. Anyway, by the end of it, my legs were numb as; definitely a longer than usual session. And just when my legs were starting to get used to it. After the girls practiced, the Sensei and Shakuhachi master performed a piece for us; it was so beautiful. By this time it was raining steadily, and both Carly and I hadn't brought umbrellas. So after koto we decided to catch the bus home; this certainly saved our boxes. Next time, I'll get my parents to send it straight here. Got home reasonably dry and had dinner (stir fry again). Tomorrow's a day off, so we're going to Kuzuha mall in the arvo, and then Karaoke; looking forward to it. I think I'm going to go have a Milo now, night...

No comments:

Post a Comment