Thursday 12 November 2009

Day 74 - 12th of November

10:54pm セミナーハウス
天気:曇り
And again, it's a rush in the morning. I did wake up early, but when it came to having lunch, I decided that instead of packing it for later, I would eat it just before I left, which meant that I was eating at 10:30, when I should have been leaving. I made it to uni in time though, as I always do; bless long legs and power walking. We've started the final chapter in Genki II. Today we learnt the causitive-passive verb conjugation taberu (to eat) becomes tabesaserareru (forced to eat)!!! Yes, it's crazy and long, but it's not that hard really. We spent most of the class trying to wrap our heads around it. My other classes went smoothly. After classes, I tried to book my return flight with the travel agency on campus. While waiting in line, I spoke with some follow Aussies. That was nice, and I found myself sounding more Australian just being around them. When I did finally get to talk with the travel agent I was out of luck. It seems that, even though the ticket prices are out online, they won't be issued to the travel agency until March, so if I want tickets at this early stage, I have to book online; bummer. I'm most likely going to do that tomorrow with Dad.

So a little disgruntled, I had some McDonalds (so healthy); it was really good though. At 5, with nothing else to do, I went to the room of our meeting. Many of the booth members were already there. I talked a bit with Naomi, and then with Niky. She told me about a photo shoot she would be having next Saturday after INFES with her host sister and grandmother, to mark her host sisters 12th birthday in the New Year - one's 12th birthday is significant to the Japanese as it marks the first full rotation of the Chinese zodiac. What makes it more significant is the fact that the sister and grandmother share the same sign; the tiger. They will be dressed in Kimono. Niky said while it will be an amazing experience, she doesn't feel worthy of it; I would feel the same way. In the meeting we wrote our names down for name tags, made sure our songs were correct, and I found out that I would be singing last on both days!!! This really puts the pressure on. However, I am somewhat relieved by the fact that, because of time constraints, we'd all have to cut our songs. This is great for me; less Japanese lyrics to learn!

The meeting didn't finish till 7, then I was out and about going to every super market along the way; literally. I went to Kirindo, Fresco, the 99円 shop, Top World, and bought something at every one; got some good bargains too. Finally got home at about 8:30. After buying all that food, all I had for dinner was scrambled eggs (I did use one of the tomatoes that I bought in a pack of three for 100円). I bought a knife at Top World cause I lost the original one, came home and found the exact same knife taped to my cupboard; Carly had bought it fo me. So, she's going to give it to her friend. I still have three bananas left, and they're getting old, so I'm going to make banana pancakes tomorrow. We have a blender, so I'll blend them first I think; that'll be fun! Today, I realised just how long we have left till the end of the semester; 5 weeks! I pointed this out to Deigo and made him sad. Aww... I will miss him; it's been a lot of fun. I'm really grateful that my first experience with a room mate has been such a pleasant one. This weekend I'm going to try to knock over this essay, so then I can start to work on my mini project for CEL; I'm a lot more worried about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment