Tuesday 3 November 2009

Day 65 - 3rd of November

10:32pm セミナーハウス
天気:寒い
Although I woke up with a sore throat, I didn't let that stop me have a productive day, although it did spend most of it indoors; it's freezing outside. It's been 10 degrees all day, and it must be colder now. Diego's not back yet. He and Jessica left for Osaka at about 10 this morning. As for me, I did my washing (including hand washing my new clothes), cleaned the room, and got a good part of my Japanese presentation done. Carly hung out with me for most of the day; it was good to have the company. It was not until about 4 that I went out; to Sanko for groceries. I came back soon after and found Amber with Carly. I wanted to make katsudon for dinner tonight, so I looked up a recipe and realised that i was missing one of the ingredients; bonito flakes to make the stock. Amber needed to go grocery shopping, so out again I went, coming back triumphant.

It took a bit of preparation, and a lot of dishes, but I finally made katsudon. It wasn't as nice as the one I get at the cafeteria, but not bad for a first attempt I guess. the meat I got was so cheap; 4 pork chops, half-price at just over 400円. I only cooked two, and I only ate one, so the other is left over for tomorrow night. Even though it's a national holiday Sanko was still open, and the sales were still on. I bought a persimmon, and tried it afterwards for dessert; it wasn't that good. Oh well, tried something new.

10:49pm
Diego's just got home. They ended up going to Osaka castle, Yodobashi camera, and the Pokemon centre in Umeda. I still have to go there. Well, I think the cold, or virus, or whatever that's been going around has finally hit me. I've just got a sore throat, but I also feel really drained. I'm just going to have a shower, then go to bed. Tomorrow, uni again...

No comments:

Post a Comment