Monday 23 November 2009

Day 85 - 23rd of November

11:11pm セミナーハウス
天気:晴れ
From slow start, to an enjoyable evening... I finished off the rest of my pancakes this morning, and cooked the rest of the cake batter, smothering it with icing after it had cooked and cooled down. I decided that I'd have to give karaoke a miss so I could study, so I let Midori sempai know; I'm a little disappointed I didn't go, but study's more important. I did however, still go out to dinner with them. After study and not study (watching Wall-E), I met the club at the station in front of Kiddy Land; Niky was the only other person who hadn't gone to karaoke. It was about 5:20 and after sorting out the finances, we walked a short distance to the place which can be summarised as this: 1,980円, two hours, all you can eat, one catch; you have to finish everything you order or you pay a fee!

食べ放題 (tabehodai) means all you can eat, and it was certainly true to its word. As it was a yakiniku place, there was a lot of meat. Basically, you had a grill in the centre of the table, and you cooked the meat on it at your leisure, which they serve to you raw; it's a great idea. The service was amazing. Like Saizeriya, you have a buzzer when you want to order something, so you can stuff yourself without even getting up; ingenious. You could order anything that was on the two pages under 1,980円. The first page was all meat, and the second was rice and soups, salads, and of course, soft serve ice cream for dessert. There was 14 of us over two tables; it was a lot of fun. After dinner, we went to a nearby arcade place and had a purikura session. Some how we managed to fit 13 faces (Brittney left) into the screen, albeit barely. We also had a few tries of the Taiko drum bashing arcade game, and then went our separate ways home; well, Mark, Justin and I caught the bus back to the dorms. Very content now, and ready for sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment